| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Remington T-8 Steelmaster
Cliff Kane

the late great golden state
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2006 10:51 am    

Remington SteelMaster triple-neck 8-string non-pedal console steel guitar. This guitar is literally brand new, just received two weeks ago from Herb Remington himself. Literally has about one hour playing time. Guitar is perfect. Natural finish, beautiful ash body, 22.5" scale legnth. George L E-66 pickups on all three necks. The necks are tuned E13, A6, C6, with new George L stainless steel strings. Comes with a deluxe hardshell case, four legs and leg bag, all from the man himself--Herb Remington. These are rare guitars, Herb doesn't make too many guitars, let alone triple-necks. There is about a nine month wait period for one of these. Herb sells them for $2,300, plus $150 for the deluxe hardshell case. If you want a Remington triple-neck, you should consider this one: brand new, perfect, no wait, and save $450.
***For sale for $2000. I will consider reasonable offers.

Here is a link to a yahoo photo album with pictures of this guitar. Larger image files or additional pictures available upon request: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cliffkane/album?.dir=/9d8fscd

The reason I am selling is that I am now playing almost all pedal steel, and this is just way too much non-pedal steel guitar for me.
***I would also be interested in trade deals for the following: D-10, D-12, S-12 pedal steels (particularly Emmons, EMCI, Zum, or Sho-Bud), D-8 or S-8 non-pedal steels, vintage tube amps (particularly Fender or Magnatone).

***Please note: for trade deals, I may be listing for sale/trade a really nice Sho-Bud LDG in the next few days. (I am waiting to see what happens with some previously interested parties on the LDG). If someone has gear (like a choice Emmons, EMCI, or Zum) to trade that exceeds the fair value of either my Remington or my Sho-Bud LDG, I would be willing to combine these guitars.

Feel free to call me at: (562) 234-8539, or email at: cliffkane@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Cliff

****UPDATE: the guitar is now on Ebay. Here is a link to the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180019508857

If anyone wants to purchase it off of Ebay I will end the auction. If a forum member buys it on Ebay please let me know so that I can send a donation to the forum. Thanks!

***NOTE: I will throw in a copy of Herb Remington and Rick Alexander's "Tuff Fun Tab" book and CD with tabs for the A6 tuning. Make me an offer!

[This message was edited by Cliff Kane on 16 August 2006 at 01:12 PM.]

[This message was edited by Cliff Kane on 16 August 2006 at 06:36 PM.]

[This message was edited by Cliff Kane on 18 August 2006 at 03:20 PM.]

[This message was edited by Cliff Kane on 19 August 2006 at 09:30 AM.]

John Bechtel

Nashville, Tennessee, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2006 5:19 pm    

Cliff; What is the scale~length on this T-8?

------------------
“Big John”
a.k.a. {Keoni Nui}
Current Equipment
Cliff Kane

Post  Posted 16 Aug 2006 5:35 pm    

Hi John. It's got a 22.5" scale legnth. I forgot to add that;thanks for asking!

Cliff
Cliff Kane

Post  Posted 17 Aug 2006 3:12 pm    

A bump before Ebay. I am open to offers.
Stanford Lane

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2006 9:41 am    

Hi Cliff,

I sent you an email.
Cliff Kane

Post  Posted 18 Aug 2006 2:23 pm    

The guitar is still available. It is now on Ebay, as well. Please see the update to my original posting for the Ebay link. I will end the auction if a forum member prefers to buy it off of Ebay, and if a forum member buys it on Ebay (please let me know you're a forumite) I will send a donation to the forum.
Thanks!
Cliff Kane

Post  Posted 19 Aug 2006 8:32 am    

I will throw in a copy of Herb Remington and Rick Alexander's "Tuff Fun Tab" book and CD of tabs for the A6 tuning. Guitar is still available--make me an offer!
Cliff Kane

Post  Posted 21 Aug 2006 3:48 am    

^