| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bluesouth 6 string elec. Help!!!!
Matt Martin

Palm Harbor, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2006 6:04 am    

I have a beautiful 6 string electric that I'd like to sell but it's been very hard to find any history or knowledge in general about it. I do know it's hand made by a guy named Ronnie Knight out of Mussel Shouls, Alabama. Story I heard was he has an old Fender pickup winder and uses that for his pickups. But that could be wrong. But they are VERY hot pickups!! The brand name is "BLUESOUTH". They retail new for around $2,000. Does ANYONE know what the deal is on these guitars??? Even Gruin didn't know anything about them. If you would like a pic, email me and I'll send some out to you.
Mike Simpson

Gilbert, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2006 6:38 am    

Here is what I found...
quote:

Instruments previously built in Muscle Shoals, AL.
Ronnie Knight began Bluesouth Guitars in 1991 with the idea of building stringed musical instruments which celebrate the musical heritage of the American South. Blues, jazz, country, rock, and spiritual music were all created in the southern American states. This small area from Texas to the Carolinas, from Kentucky to Florida, has been the hotbed of the world´s musical culture in the twentieth century. Several small towns within the southeast have had a huge impact on today´s popular music: Muscle Shoals, Alabama; Macon, Georgia; and Clarksdale, Mississippi.
The results of this project have been unique, light-bodied guitars with large, comfortable necks. Bluesouth contends that "fierce individualism" is the key ingredient in their guitar making operation. Starting in a small shop over a record store in early 1992, Bluesouth moved to a much larger industrial facility in the spring of 1995. The company offered seven models, including two electric basses. Bluesouth also built its own cases and pickups in house (company history courtesy Ronnie Knight, April 17, 1996).

All Bluesouth instruments feature mahogany or swamp ash bodies in sleek ergonomic designs, a mahogany set-neck with 22-fret fingerboard, 24.75 in. scale, Sperzel tuners, Wilkinson or Gotoh hardware, and Bluesouth´s own pickups. Models run from the Clarksdale (last MSR $1,295), which has a mahogany body, rosewood fingerboard, 2 Bluesouth soapbar pickups, and a tune-o-matic bridge; to the Macon (last MSR $1,895), which has a carved top mahogany body, ebony fingerboard, Schaller humbuckers, and an ivoroid bound body. The Jimmy Johnson "Original Swamper" (last MSR $1,895) has a single cutaway Tele-style swamp ash body, bolt-on maple neck, and 2 single coil pickups. The Muscle Shoals (last MSR $1,495) model has a swamp ash body, rosewood fingerboard, 3 Bluesouth single coil pickups, and a Wilkinson HT-100C bridge; the Muscle Shoals DLX (last MSR $2,095) has a carved top ivoroid bound mahogany body, 2 Bluesouth soapbar pickups, and rosewood fingerboard.

------------------
Big Mike
http://www.blinddogband.com
http://www.myspace.com/blinddogbluesband