| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New price on rains steel guitar like new
J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2005 9:14 pm    

zzzIf you would like to have a really nice great sound guitar then this rains is for you. Send me a email and we will caht about it further. Ask the fokls who heard at the gulport show what kinda sound it has. Its awesome im just wanting a red guitra and all. Thanks Jim
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2005 10:06 pm    

Anybody wanting a new guitar at a lower price sure needs to check this one out. This is a beautiful guitar and it's black mica. You know what they say about the black guitars. This one's got it. If I were looking for a #1 or main guitar, this would be it. My main guitar is a Carter D-10, black mica. Yes, it's got it to. Currently, #2 or my second guitar is a MSA S-12U which I should have in a few days. JP only plays the best.
Adrienne Clasky

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2005 8:28 am    

Is this a U12? Thanks!
James Quackenbush

Pomona, New York, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2005 12:53 pm    

I don't think that Bob Rain's is making a U-12 at this time....At least he didn't when I asked a few months ago......Jim
Billy Carr

Post  Posted 11 Aug 2005 6:13 pm    

I think my friend, JP would mind me posting this. It's a D-10 w/ 8 & 5 on the Emmons set up. Black mica. New guitar, beautiful.
Billy Carr

Post  Posted 11 Aug 2005 6:15 pm    

Correction here. I don't think my friend, JP would mine me posting this is what I meant to say!
J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 12 Aug 2005 6:19 pm    

Thanks Billy for the kinds words. All of the people that heard this guitar at the show on august 6th told me what a great sound it had. And it was nice to see and get to meet all of the fine people that was there as well. Jim
Tim Bridges

Hoover, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2005 8:20 pm    

Hey Jim,

You really should keep that guitar! That was a really special day when Hal and PF jammed at the Raines booth in Dallas. That is a great looking and sounding axe! Hal really made it sing!!! I'll never forget that day! KEEP IT!! Buy a red one to go with it.
J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2005 4:36 am    

Hey Tim
Thanks for the advice man. This guitar really does sound well and the folks at Rains Steel Guitars really make a good quality product with great sound. Next time you see me at a show come and play some on one. Thanks Jim
Reggie Duncan

Mississippi
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2005 6:05 am    

Bump for an awesome guitar and a good friend!
Randy Carson

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2005 3:18 am    

with out a doubt the best sounding sustainging guitar to come out in forever. i know i have a black one.
all my emmons cant hold up to a rains, plain and simple.......when it comes to sustain. tone is personal but personally i think just about everybody would be impressed with the sound of a rains. it's quality is unsurpassed.
everybody's got there favorite the Rains just happens to be mine. i would like to test a great push pull for sustain and tone against the rains. i know you could time the decay.
my money is on the Rains, not to say the push pull isnt great i just cant beleive how long this guitar sustains, its like the the everedy battery bunny.......going................
anyone interested in tone really should try one, i think you will be shocked. still like the emmons but its got to be a second guitar for sure. IMHO 2cents
Randy
Bill Simmons

Keller, Texas/Birmingham, AL, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2005 3:34 pm    

You cannot go wrong buying this RAINS! I agree with Randy's comment about RAINS super sustain...compared to my '68 Emmons p/p using the exact equipment etc, it out sustains the p/p by a fair amount. Several steel buddies are very surprised when they actually do the test for themselves using my '68 p/p and my RAINS.

The upper register is where the Rains just keeps on 'singing' and sustaining. I have no idea technically why, but the RAINS is just a great playing, sounding and sustaining steel...someone needs to buy this RAINS!

[This message was edited by Bill Simmons on 27 August 2005 at 04:38 PM.]

Randy Carson

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2005 8:03 pm    

Amen,
its a sleeper thats just going to up in value.
RC
J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2005 8:40 pm    

Mr. Randy and Mr. Bill your absolutely right about the Rains guitar. I have owned numerous guitars over the years but i think its of the finest ive ever owned. Great tone and sustain and stays in tune well. The two shows i have played this guitar out at ive had so many compliments about the sound and all of the guitar and i play with no effects so that says something about the product. I hope the new Red Rains that i want has just the same sound as this one. If anyone ever wants a good guitar i will say that you wont go wrong with there products and very nice people as well Thanks to all Jim
Randy Gilliam

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2005 10:31 pm    

Will Trade Like New Steel King Like New Peavey 1 12 and 1500.00 cash?
Randy Gilliam

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2005 6:57 pm    

2 amps 1 Real Good Fightin Rooster 1 Goat 2 Chickens 5Gal. Of Moonshine And a Pan of grannys Cornbread? Bump It Up.
Randy Gilliam

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2005 9:12 pm    

Somebody Please Buy before I Have Too.
Randy Gilliam

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2005 5:29 pm    

Bump It Up.
Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2005 11:30 am    

I listened in awe at Jim at the Gulfport show on this guitar. It sounded great! If you are looking for a great sounding guitar, this is it, and Jim, you had a great sound at Gulfport, look forward to hearing you again. Guys,if you are in the market for a good steel, don't let this one get by you. It looks and sounds great, and is owned by a great player.
Todd Bowman

Crystal Beach, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2005 7:11 am    

Is this still for sale? Sent you an e-mail.

Thanks,
Todd

------------------
Sho-Bud Pro II, Beard E 6 string, Mike Auldridge (Beard) 8 string, Flatiron F-5 Artist, Taylor 810, Deering Golden Era