| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Carter Starter
Kirk Weaver

Clinton, Utah, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2005 1:39 pm    

Carter Starter with 3 pedal, 4 lever Emmons setup. Good little steel, stays in tune. This steel comes with a hard shell case and an extra set of Carter Starter strings. (Sorry, but I have to hang on to the volume pedal, wrenches, etc. for my next purchase)

Also I am including the Jeff Newman DVD's "Pedal Steel Guitar Techniques - Part 1&2" and "The Right Hand Alpha". These DVD's come with the audio CD and the workbook.

Everything listed here for $500 plus actual shipping charges. A great package for someone starting in the wonderful (sometimes frustrating) world of steel guitar.

Disclaimer: The DVD's are original product, but seem to be tempermental as to the player used. Some players displayed eratic behavior or skipping while other players displayed no problems at all.

kirk.weaver@granite.k12.ut.us
Charlie McDonald

out of the blue
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2005 4:38 pm    

Kirk,
Do you have a picture of the guitar?
You can email them if you like.
Charlie
John Fabian

Mesquite, Texas USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2005 3:04 am    

Your next purchase should hopefully include wrenches (epecially a tuning wrench) which may be totally different than the ones use on Carter-Starters. Wrench Kits are not universal. Check with the manufacturer.

It would be helpful to the next owner if you included the wrench kit and owners manual as well as the Quick Start DVD with the Starter.
Teddy Ray Bullard II

Pocatello, Idaho
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2005 8:04 am    

I am in the market for a pedal steel, im a rookie and need a starter...

Still available??
Teddy Ray Bullard II

Pocatello, Idaho
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2005 8:47 am    

I will be eternally gratful if yo ulet me buy that thang.

I cant find used pedal steels here in germany...

Definitely very interested.

BigRay

------------------
BigRay

raytheapostle@yahoo.com
Farris Currie

Ona, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2005 9:53 am    

What a cool deal for a starter,Kirk please throw in the tools,the owner will need them,and as John says,next steel will be different anyway. now with 3 and 4 wow.

farris
Charlie McDonald

out of the blue
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2005 11:18 am    

I'm interested too; thought I better point out that I'm a little higher on the list of lookers. A lot of us are looking hard for a steel.
Teddy Ray Bullard II

Pocatello, Idaho
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2005 1:02 pm    

Why point out the obvious?

------------------
BigRay

raytheapostle@yahoo.com
Kirk Weaver

Clinton, Utah, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2005 1:10 pm    

I had totally forgotten about the Quick Start video. Thank you for mentioning it. It will be included. I will also throw in the tuning wrench. I will not be able to include the volume pedal as it belongs to a friend.
Teddy Ray Bullard II

Pocatello, Idaho
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2005 1:13 pm    

if for some reason the other dude doesnt get it I want it for sure, been havin a bear of a time finding a nice one.

------------------
BigRay

raytheapostle@yahoo.com
Charlie McDonald

out of the blue
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2005 1:52 pm    

Ok, Big Ray, what's your bid?

I'm 'that other dude.' My name is Charlie.
I should leave it at that, but I won't.

I've been a member since February, have sat in on quite a few discussions, reading, offering what little I can. There are several hundreds of years of experience on this forum. I've learned a lot, and am just about to the point where I know what pulls I want for the kind of music I visualize playing, and am close to designing a custom tuning that will make it possible.

But that's not all I've learned. I've learned how to respect the experience on this forum.
You'll find a lot of people stating the obvious (particularly, in my case, where I've been trying to get a steel myself. There aren't any more steels in Lubbock than there are in Germany.). You can spend hours calling them out for it, but it won't change a thing.

So I can sure appreciate your desire for a steel, having played guitar for 40 years, ten of that on lap steel.

I was going to suggest that you wait til you get back in the states, where you'll find a broader choice, can try steels out, get some experience, and make your choice.

But of course that's up to you.

In the meantime, I suggest a little diplomacy as a member of the forum. This being your first day here, anything is excuseable.
Let's say, I want your introduction to us to be as good as possible, and I certainly welcome anyone hungry for that steel guitar sound.

So submit a bid to Kirk. We'll go from there.
Charlie
Farris Currie

Ona, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2005 2:10 pm    

Sorry guys,i do not see the Forum as ebay bidding.there is a price set,and should be the first one who makes the deal!!!thats it.
I have bought two steels this last wk.here on the forum, i take their price or send a offer,and thats the story. farris
Teddy Ray Bullard II

Pocatello, Idaho
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2005 2:20 pm    

Im not bidding. Its all yours.
Ill just grab a new one.There are 2 others on deck 'sides you for it, so I think its a safe bet that I will sit this one out.

Indeed, I am new to this forum, that being said, I will give respect if I get respect.
I moderate two other online forums and have been for a while, so im no stranger to online etiquette, and being a military member through 2 deployments to Iraq has taught me courtesy if nothing else.. Just seemed like stating something that I could clearly read in front of me and that the seller already knew was a little over the top. All that being said, ive already talked to the seller and understand that folks are ahead of me. While I do want one pretty badly, I dont want one enough to engage in bidding for it. Aint my style.

Glad to be here.
Look forward to readin more .
God Bless

T Ray

------------------
BigRay

raytheapostle@yahoo.com
Kirk Weaver

Clinton, Utah, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2005 5:58 pm    

Sale pending, thanks to all

Kirk
Charlie McDonald

out of the blue
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2005 5:17 am    

God bless you as well, Ray, and welcome to the club.
You've been doing big work over there, the hardest job on the planet.

Keep looking; it'll come. Keep asking.
There's a Maverick on eBay that is at a low price, but if you do your research (search function) on the forum, you'll find contrary opinions. Always good to ask.

Charlie
Teddy Ray Bullard II

Pocatello, Idaho
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2005 6:10 am    

Thanks Charlie.

Ill keep lookin. Itll come eventually.

Thanks for the words of support.Means a lot.

Teddy
b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2005 9:06 am    

quote:
Sorry guys,i do not see the Forum as ebay bidding.there is a price set,and should be the first one who makes the deal!!!thats it.
I have bought two steels this last wk.here on the forum, i take their price or send a offer,and thats the story. farris

You don't have a horse in this race, farris. Butt out. It's between seller and buyer. We have had auctions here before. Forum policies are not up to you.

This sale appears to be a done deal, so I'm closing the topic.

------------------
Bobby Lee
-b0b- quasar@b0b.com
System Administrator
My Blog