| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Gone As A Girl Can Get - intro tab
Bud Harger

Belton, Texas by way of Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2005 3:19 pm    

This subject made the rounds about 5 years ago, but I never did see the tab. Does anybody have this tabbed out?

This is a great (but wierd) intro by Mike Daily that I would love to learn.

Anybody? Please?

bUd
joe long

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2005 8:00 am    

Bud, I'm glad you asked about this intro. If I was taking a guess I bet Buddy did the studio work on this one.

It is a very unusual intro and turn around.
Thanks for bring up the question.
Bud Harger

Post  Posted 9 Dec 2005 1:42 pm    

Joe,

Maybe others on the Forum know for sure, but I think this was Mike Daily on steel. Funky intro ain't it? I hope someone has it tabbed and can help me with this one.

bUd
Larry Bell

Englewood, Florida
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2005 1:51 pm    

I don't have the recording. Send me an mp3 and I'll have a go at it. I like wierd.

------------------
Larry Bell - email: larry@larrybell.org - gigs - Home Page
2003 Fessenden S/D-12 8x8, 1969 Emmons S/D-12 6x6, 1984 Sho-Bud S/D-12 7x6, 1971 Dobro, Standel and Peavey Amps

Bud Harger

Post  Posted 11 Dec 2005 6:43 am    

Larry,

Thanks for your offer. You always come to our "rescue" on this type of tab.

I will try to get to this and send you a clip of the song. It'll be next week, so don't give up on me. I think that you will find a number of players will want to see the finished product. It is funky, no doubt.

bUd
joe long

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2005 7:14 am    

Bud, I still think it was Buddy. The intro and turnaround is a masterpiece and I have always wondered who did the studio work. Let the suspence continue.

I have been waiting for someone to ask about this song.
Larry Bell

Englewood, Florida
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2005 10:19 am    

Try this -- there may be typos but I think I know the lick
I'd bet a buffalo nickel that it's Emmons
(listen to the intro to Different Kind of Flower -- very similar idea -- just not so 'quirky')
Tab:

# = 1/2 tone raise
X = whole tone raise
b = half tone lower

Intro

1--------------|------------------------------|------------------------|-----------------------|
2--------------|------------------------------|------------------------|-----------------------|
3--------------|------------------------------|------------------------|-----------------------|
4--------------|------------------------------|----------13------------|-----------------------|
5--------------|--------------------8---------|---10-13x-13x--------15-|18---15x--13x~13-------|
6------3#--4#--|---5#--8------8~8#-----8#-9#--|10#---13#------14-15-15-|18---15#--------13#----|
7------3---4---|5------8--8-------------------|------------------------|-------------------13--|
8--------------|------------------------------|---------------14-15----|---------------------13|
9--------------|------------------------------|------------------------|-----------------------|
10-------------|------------------------------|------------------------|-----------------------|

1-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6-13#~13--------15~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-----------------------------------------------------------
7-------13----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8----------13b--15~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~----------------------------------------------------------
9-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------

<small>Larry Bell - email: larry@larrybell.org - gigs - Home Page
2003 Fessenden S/D-12 8x8, 1969 Emmons S/D-12 6x6, 1984 Sho-Bud S/D-12 7x6, 1971 Dobro, Standel and Peavey Amps
<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Larry Bell on 12 December 2005 at 10:51 AM.]</p></FONT>

Last edited by Larry Bell on 5 Nov 2016 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
joe long

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2005 11:37 am    

Bud, I stand corrected. Bought the CD and Ace In The Hole band is credited with that song. Buddy play on most of the other cuts. My hat is off to Mike Dailey for coming up with a unique intro and turn around which I have admired since the first time I heard the song.
Larry Bell

Englewood, Florida
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2005 1:27 pm    

fooled me
it's as Emmons-like as any I've heard

guess I owe ole Bud a buffalo nickel
(maybe the tab will have to do)

------------------

[This message was edited by Larry Bell on 13 December 2005 at 01:28 PM.]

Bud Harger

Post  Posted 13 Dec 2005 1:41 pm    

Larry...I tried to tell you it was Mike Daily...but, Nooo! You went and risked a buffalo nickel on it...the tab will do. I really appreciate what you do for all of us. Thanks loads!

bUd
Larry Bell

Englewood, Florida
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2005 6:08 pm    

I love the barter system.

(and have a new found respect for Mike D)

glad I could help -- I might even find a use for it someplace

------------------

clive swindell

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, UK
Post  Posted 14 Dec 2005 1:37 am    

Hi Bud

Rick Kornacker has the intro and all the licks to this song tabbed out and explained on cassette. Try www.steppingstonemusic.com