| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  What model Supro is this ? 6 string all wood
Guitar_Bobby_Leach

St.Louis, MO USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2002 12:20 pm    

Can anyone identify this all wood Supro ? All of my other Supros are fiberboard type with MOTS finish and usually the same type of pickup/bridge/volume/tone plate. This has a pickup/volume/and screw in cord seperate from the bridge. Bridge is similar to the one on my Gibson Console Grand except for the edges are square. Supro sticker has Patent Pending on it. Very sweet tone for Western Swing. Wish it was an 8 string
View pictures at http://guitrbobby.home.mindspring.com
Click on My Images and there's 4 pictures. Last one is a close up of the pickup and bridge. Thanks all. Happy Picking, Bobby

[This message was edited by Guitar_Bobby_Leach on 11 September 2002 at 01:23 PM.]

[This message was edited by Guitar_Bobby_Leach on 11 September 2002 at 01:24 PM.]

Max Laine

Pori, Finland
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2002 2:12 pm    

Looks like it's a 1937 Supro Hawaiian Electric, their first wood model after the cast aluminum "Electric Hawaiian". Please check your email!

Max
Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2002 5:54 pm    

That looks like one I got in 1937 for taking 60 lessons from a guitar teacher. He knew a little Hawaiian.

He used the Alvino Rey Singing guitar Method on E7, (I still have the book). I paid $1.50 a week for 60 weeks.

After a few lessons, I was out with that Supro playing neighborhood bars in Cleveland. It had a sweet tone.....al
Guitar_Bobby_Leach

St.Louis, MO USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2002 6:14 pm    

Many thanks, Max and Al. I had no idea it was 20 years older than I am. This is my favorite 6 string. Who needs a tone control when they used build it into a guitar like this one. Thanks again guys. Happy picking, Bobby