| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Suzy Bogguss
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2024 12:25 pm    

Recently, when I went to Dollywood, I saw a show featuring one of my favorite nineties country artists, Suzy Bogguss, and her show was awesome! Onstage with her were her two acoustic guitars, an upright bass, another acoustic guitar, and a Fender Telecaster electric guitar, and she didn't have drums, keyboards, fiddle, or pedal steel. She sang her songs "Aces", "Outbound Plane", "Letting Go", "Drive South", "Just Like The Weather", and "Hey Cinderella", as well as songs like "Take It To The Limit", recorded by the Eagles and "All My Lovin", recorded by the Beatles. When she sang "Someday Soon", the guitar player in the band played the pedal steel solo on his Fender Telecaster, possibly using a bender and he also played the pedal steel parts on "Just Like The Weather" using the bender on his guitar. Suzy's show is probably the best show I've seen lately-no pyrotechnics or loud amplifiers and her voice is still awesome!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jeff Garden

Center Sandwich, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2024 3:30 pm    

Suzy's album "Aces" is one of my all time favorites. The mix on the album is perfect and the crystal clear acoustic guitars on the song Aces through a good set of speakers are worth a listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUCliTz6Wis
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2024 4:20 pm    

Jeff Garden wrote:
Suzy's album "Aces" is one of my all time favorites. The mix on the album is perfect and the crystal clear acoustic guitars on the song Aces through a good set of speakers are worth a listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUCliTz6Wis

She sang this song at the show I saw!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Craig Stock

Westfield, NJ USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2024 10:11 am    

Great song Brett and if I'm not mistaken that's Dan Dugmore on steel!

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days