| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Paul Franklin Signature National Picks
David Ball

North Carolina High Country
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2024 2:22 pm    

Dale Rottacker wrote:
You all bend the blade, wrapping/tuning it around the end of your fingers, or are leaving it as it arrives in the mail?

I've left the bend as is. The only adjustment I've made has been to widen the band to fit my fingers comfortably.

Dave
Michael Hartz

Decorah, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2024 7:50 pm    

I wear my picks similar to Paul so right of the box wasn’t going to work for me, had to bend them over the tips of my fingers to feel natural to me. This was quite a feat as these suckers are thick and do not bend easily. Happily they are perfect now.
John Larson

Pennsyltucky, USA
Post  Posted 29 Aug 2024 7:46 pm    

Got mine today, very nice. They feel slightly less malleable than the standard national clones I've been using. They definitely stay put.

Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Give praise to the Lord with the harp, chant unto Him with the ten-stringed psaltery. Sing unto Him a new song, chant well unto Him with jubilation. For the word of the Lord is true, and all His works are in faithfulness. The Lord loveth mercy and judgement; the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- Psalm 33:1-5
Bill McCloskey

Post  Posted 1 Sep 2024 6:57 pm    

Looks like they are out of stock now. I wonder when they will make more Any ideas?
John Larson

Pennsyltucky, USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2024 1:53 pm    

Bill McCloskey wrote:
Looks like they are out of stock now. I wonder when they will make more Any ideas?

I would think a company like D'Addario would be pretty good about getting them back in stock.
Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Give praise to the Lord with the harp, chant unto Him with the ten-stringed psaltery. Sing unto Him a new song, chant well unto Him with jubilation. For the word of the Lord is true, and all His works are in faithfulness. The Lord loveth mercy and judgement; the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- Psalm 33:1-5
Corbin Pratt

KY
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2024 5:10 am    

They're back in stock. You can use code MARTY20 for 20% off. Not sure how long that's valid for.

Show Pro SD-10, Shaw Amplifiers, Kemper
John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2024 4:00 pm    

The code didn't work so I bought them anyway...We'll see Shocked

John

1997 Carter U-12 Double Body-Natural Birdseye Maple-8p/5k, Peavey Nashville 1000 Amp, Goodrich L10K Vol. Pedal, Boss DD-3 Delay, Boss CE-5 Chorus, Behringer UMC-204HD Audio Interface, AKAI MPK Mini MK3 Professional Midi Keyboard/Controller, Gretsch Bobtail Resonator, Fender Banjo, Rondo SX Lap Steel (C6), DIY Lap Steel (Open D), and a few Mojo Hand Cigar Box Guitars (MojoHandGuitars.com).
Jan Mulder

The Netherlands
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2024 2:53 am    

As far as I know, he plays with fingerpicks with square holes (also known as the Jeff Newman picks).
Bob Shilling

Berkeley, CA, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2024 10:26 am    

The code worked for me. Picks arrived Monday. I still can't play like Franklin Laughing

I like the picks, but I've gotten used to Acri picks, so I'll have to give them a longer test period.