| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Paul Franklin 1 year Video Course
Jeffery Mercer

Born in Portsmouth Oh. Dec. 10th 1954 Reside in City of Mentor, in Northeast Oh.
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2024 4:53 am    

If Anyone is interested …You can sign up for a (1) year Basic Pedal Steel Guitar Course taught by Paul Franklin for $99.00

Last edited by Jeffery Mercer on 20 Aug 2024 10:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Curt Langston

Post  Posted 19 Aug 2024 5:21 am     Fit?

And how are they?
Jeffery Mercer

Born in Portsmouth Oh. Dec. 10th 1954 Reside in City of Mentor, in Northeast Oh.
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2024 5:27 am    

Removed

Last edited by Jeffery Mercer on 20 Aug 2024 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Allan Haley

British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2024 10:14 am    

Where did you purchase these? I'm willing to spend some $. Easier than practicing.
Jerry Horch

Alva, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2024 4:05 pm    

They are on the D’Addario web sight…..

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2024 11:24 pm    

If anyone is confused, this thread started out about the Paul Franklin finger picks, that are produced and marketed by D'Addario.

The OP changed the topic to the Paul Franklin course, which I do not believe can be purchased on the D'Addario website.
Tom Spaulding

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2024 7:49 am    

Paul Franklin Foundations: E9 Pedal Steel Basics 12-month $99 Beginner Course

Paul Franklin Signature National Picks Nickel-plated Brass National Picks
Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2024 9:07 am    

Thanks for the clarification, Tom.
Bill McCloskey

Post  Posted 21 Aug 2024 9:10 am    

I got to stop taking the brown acid.
HowardR

N.Y.C.-Fire Island-Asheville
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2024 4:34 pm    

Laughing
Jay Coover

Nashville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2024 5:50 pm     Re: Paul Franklin 1 year Video Course

Jeffery Mercer wrote:
If Anyone is interested …You can sign up for a (1) year Basic Pedal Steel Guitar Course taught by Paul Franklin for $99.00

I'm sure it's great. Love the man, love the playing, love the songs.

My 2 cents though. Cuz I'm slow.

I am averse to paying for something like this continuously that is time limited. You have to keep paying if you might need it later.

Doesn't really apply to the beginner course, but what if two years from now I want to learn something in one of those courses that I hadn't already learned? Gotta pay all over again. Many other courses are similar so it's not just Paul's. I would have rather it were done differently, but it's a free country, so...

Last edited by Jay Coover on 22 Aug 2024 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bill McCloskey

Post  Posted 22 Aug 2024 5:52 pm    

Paul has stand alone courses that you make a one time purchase for.
Jay Coover

Nashville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2024 5:57 pm    

Bill McCloskey wrote:

It might be apparent which are which (but it's not exactly posted up front I think, haven't been there in a while), but why is there a difference? Again, it's a free economy, I choose to participate on my perception of value.

My most favorite thing in the world is when I pay for something, I get to use it forever. My children 2nd favorite behind that. Kidding. Smile
Bill McCloskey

Post  Posted 22 Aug 2024 6:18 pm    

The stand alone courses are organized around the collaborations he did with Vince Gill: Bakersfield and Sweet Memories. One course teaches all the licks ,intro, and solos for Bakersfield and one has the licks, intro and solos for sweet memories. You can buy those as stand alone courses.

The other courses constantly have new lessons added, so there no end to the renewable courses: they just keep adding lessons to the E9th course and the C6th course.
Tom Spaulding

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2024 7:56 am    

Jay Coover wrote:
Bill McCloskey wrote:

It might be apparent which are which (but it's not exactly posted up front I think, haven't been there in a while), but why is there a difference? Again, it's a free economy, I choose to participate on my perception of value.

My most favorite thing in the world is when I pay for something, I get to use it forever. My children 2nd favorite behind that. Kidding. Smile

Perceived value is indeed personal and absolutely understandable. Here's some up-to-date info on the what, how and why of our courses:

THE PAUL FRANKLIN METHOD

Students can choose to enroll in The Paul Franklin Method for $575 per year, 3 months at a time for $149, or a month at a time for $49. All plans get access to Paul's Facebook Group.

The $49 option is cancel anytime, re-join anytime and allows unlimited access to all of the PFM content when enrolled. If you need time off, when you come back there will be even more content.

Students are not paying for a product, they are paying for access to a virtual classroom with the #1 goal of learning how to play the instrument. That's what the Method is all about. It's intended to be an interactive, focused and dedicated learning environment.

All of the PFM Practice Tracks, Backing Tracks, TABs and PDFs are downloadable.

There are 550+ lessons at this point, many years of study if a student started today.

THE $99 COURSES
The 12-month $99 courses (E9 Foundations, E9 Applications, C6 Essentials, C6 Toolbox) are smaller, curated collections of lessons taken from the Method and aimed at specific skill/experience levels - Beginners and Intermediates mostly - with plenty of time to complete them if studied diligently.

The enrollment cost for any $99 course can be applied at any time towards access to the full Paul Franklin Method.

Instead of $49/month for 550 lessons, for $99/year E9 Foundations students can pay what amounts to around $8/month to learn the Basics without distractions. If they then take the E9 Applications course, they get another year's access to the E9 Foundations course material at no extra charge. If, after they complete the Applications course they wanted to join the Paul Franklin Method, they would have $198 credit toward enrollment.

The bottom line is "limited access for a longer time period", a combination that seems to suit most beginning students and helps them progress faster. If E9 Foundations is as far as a student wants to go, they just got a year of lessons with Paul Franklin for $99. That's tough to beat. If they want to continue on, they get $99 in credit toward the Method.

THE STAND-ALONE COURSES
The stand alone/no expiration courses (e.g. "West Coast Country", "Texas Country", "E9 Vocabulary") are transcriptions by Paul of his own playing, and are real-world examples of what is possible once you learn the instrument and bring your own creativity to it.

The lessons assume you have the necessary technique to play them, and the theory knowledge/ability to analyze the parts to the point that you can adapt them and make them your own, if so desired. There is some teaching of specific techniques used in the licks or solos, but more time is spent demoing the parts, the expressive nuances used and explaining the thought process behind them. All of that music is the result of learning the instrument via the way the Paul and his Method teaches it.

I appreciate the opportunity explain how we set up the Method and all of the access options that are now available. Every lesson added increases the value, but not the cost.
Bill McCloskey

Post  Posted 23 Aug 2024 8:09 am    

Here is another way to put it. I could take my wife out for a nice meal for what it costs to study with Paul all day long for a year.

the food is long gone

the learned instruction is forever.