| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Vintage 1950's KLUSON TUNER BUTTONS GIBSON ULTRATONE CORAL
Jim Dulfer

Southeastern USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2024 9:46 am    

Here is something you don't typically see for sale: a listing for the actual TUNER BUTTONS found on 1940's and 1950's era lap steel guitars! No lap steel guitar can be played without a good set of buttons and, if you have a vintage lap steel, the 6- year old tuner buttons are often a problem especially with Kluson tuner buttons. Perhaps someone here will see the benefit of grabbing these unique tuner buttons for their vintage lap steels?

I have three complete sets of 1940's/50's era Kluson tuner buttons. These buttons are all exceptionally unique, certainly rarer than the tuners that they appeared on and impossible to find IF you ever need them! All buttons are in good condition, still solid and functional, and perfect for your restoration considerations, now or sometime in the future when you're likely to need something like this and will never be able to find it!

1. A VERY rare set of rectangular coral color Kluson tuner buttons for a late 1940's/early 1950's Gibson Ultratone lap steel guitar. Anyone familiar with that model will quickly recognize these buttons for their unique coral rectangular shape. Good luck ever finding a set of buttons like this for sale. Will consider selling them individually for $30 to the person who just needs one or $125 for the complete set. Find another set for sale anywhere!

2. A set of colorful Kluson tuner buttons that most likely came from a Magnatone lap steel or something along that line? $75/set.

3. A set of 'butterfly' shaped buttons that most likely came from a set of tuners for a National guitar like the Glenwood model seen with Kluson Super tuners. $100/set.

4. A single amber color Kluson tuner button. I'm not sure what guitar this came from but it is unique. $20.

I may also have some other assorted old buttons and tuners if needed? Just email me.

Jim Dulfer

Southeastern USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2024 7:24 pm    

Weekend bump.
Jim Dulfer

Southeastern USA
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2024 6:00 pm    

Another weekend bump in case folks missed this offering the first time? Suffice to say, how often do you see original Kluson tuner buttons from the 50's listed for sale?