| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  '68 Emmons Bolt On Sold
Jack Stanton

Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2024 1:50 pm    

I know I'm going to regret this, here's a fantastic example of Misters Emmons and Lasley, Sr. brilliance. I've owned eight Emmons guitars in my day, and this one puts them all to shame- it just sounds great! the sustain is off the hook. Doesn't suffer from the tuning issues the earlier bolts did (rumor is that by '68 they no longer extended the necks to butt up against the key head. Don't know if that's true, but I've played it under TV lights, stage lights, sunlight, and it doesn't experience any more tuning fluctuation than any of my cut tails or wooden necks). Original pickups with solid white insert read 14.9 on the E9, 16.5 on the Cth. Supposedly was gone over by Mike Cass several years back (before I owned it) and the 1st string F# to G# was added along with the 2nd string raise to E. A very solid and tunable half stop was added for the D# to D. This guitar has been played, but it's in very good condition for its age- no major endplate rash or screw holes or cracks in the Formica. Original chrome fretboards show wear- (someone really dug in, not me) Comes with a period correct Thomas case in good condition. Lining looks pink in the photo, but is red.

Last edited by Jack Stanton on 27 Jul 2024 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Jack Stanton

Somewhere in the swamps of Jersey
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2024 4:50 pm    

This is standard Emmons setup, 4 & 8 LkL,4 & 8 lower LKR, RKL raises 1&2 and lowers 6 a 1/2 tone on E9 and lowers 3 1/2 tone on C6th, and RKR lower 2 & 9 on on E9 and raises 4 a 1/2 tone. Pedal 4 daises 6 a 1/2 tone on the back neck.
Tiny Olson

Mohawk River Valley, Upstate NY
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2024 7:33 am    

Man,,, I've always wanted a true, 60s Bolt-On like this..!! This would be very cool to have along with my '69 Rosewood D-10. If I could sell my D-10 LeGrande III I'd be headed down to NJ to see you on this one. Must be tough to let this one go Jack.

Hope you're well Jack. Hey, I met up with Tim Gillis and a couple other old band-mates from the 70s for lunch. He told me he got up to sing a couple songs with your band awhile back... so you finally did get to do a gig with Tim Gillis..!!
Ron Taylor

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jul 2024 5:17 pm     Hello - I am interested in the Emmons guitar

I feel drawn to this instrument somehow. Smile

Ready to buy - my info is in a PM I sent.