| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  First Time With Jackson Steel Fifteen Years Ago
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2024 9:00 pm    

It was June 7th, 2009, and I was confirmed to play the Georgia Steel Guitar Association's steel guitar show held in downtown Atlanta at the time, and I'd heard that the Jackson Steel Guitar Company was going to the show to let players see and try out their pedal steel guitars. I was playing a GFI Ultra D-10 at the time, and had to play my set before I could see the Jackson steel guitars up close, so after my set I walked into the main hallway of the venue where the show was, and saw three or four Jackson pedal steel guitars set up. There was a Jackson Blackjack, a Jackson Madison '63, and a Jackson Pro IV set up and David Jackson asked me if I wanted to try out one of the steel guitars, and I said "Yes". After playing a few parts of "Crazy Arms" and "San Antonio Rose", David asked me what I thought of the Jackson Steel and I told him I'd found my future steel guitar! I'm happy to say that I now play a Jackson Blackjack Custom pedal steel guitar and it's my best and favorite pedal steel guitar I've owned and played!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Will Houston

Tempe, Az
Post  Posted 6 Jun 2024 10:00 pm    

I thought you were going to play the song "Fifteen Years Ago" Very Happy
Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2024 9:50 am    

Great story and the best way to decide on a pedal steel guitar. I have never sat behind a Jackson steel but I have pull played ShoBuds and the tone was excellent. However my 1st new steel was a Mullen D10 8x4 back in 94. I still have that pre RP and it plays like a new one.