| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  First Gen. of Fender Deluxe, Dual Pro. & Custom Steels..
Rick Aiello

Berryville, VA USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2024 12:36 pm    

Yep ... that's what I was thinking too 🤠

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2024 1:15 pm    

Rick -- yours & mine share a feature, and I'd bet money on this explanation: after adding a coat-hanger pedal or two to the head end, the first time Charlie Craftsman (he earned that name with his obvious woodworking skills) stepped on a pedal, the 3 legged guitar keeled right over. Mine shows an intermediate step, adding a leg in the center (cutting the flange to butt against the other one), apparently failing, and then moving them outward.

Kids -- don't use a butter knife and a pick axe for your more demanding woodshop tasks!

Will Carter

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2024 8:21 pm    

Does anyone know where to find a vintage correct RN replacement fretboard for one of these early Fenders?
K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2024 5:00 am    

I have had a few Dual Pros and Customs. A few years ago I picked up a boxcar type with no tuners on one neck. It was for a reasonable amount, just before Fender prices zoomed up. I found a tuning pan and got the pickups rewound(slightly overwound to get a bit more bass) by Sentell pickups. I had to put in the leg mounts and found some legs that fit. That bottom shot was from before I had the one pickup redone. I used a Sentell surface mount pickup for a while because the original was dead. I use G6(lo EGBDEGBD hi) and E13 (E/G#BDF#G#BC#E).

Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Williams, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.