| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  U-12 to a D-10
Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2024 9:00 am    

I have been playing a U-12 for decades and have been content with my setup. However, I pulled the trigger on an Emmons D-10 65 Resound and have 5 months or so before I take delivery. I ordered the guitar with 8 pedals and 6 knee levers.

The C6 neck will actually be B6 as my brain is use to seeing the B6 positions on the U-12. My good friend Harry Teachman was gracious to bring over his Emmons D-10 so I could check out his setup.

I would like some input from this community how you fellows would setup your pedals and knee levers.

75 years old and still chasing golden notes on pedal steel...... Smile

Aurora, Colorado
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2024 2:50 pm    

I tuned my Super Pro's C6 neck down a half-step and it did OK. To the (limited) extent I play that tuning it would work fine if I couldn't use my royal Precision U-12.
John Sims

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2024 6:00 pm    

Congratulations Len! I'd say try to set it up similar to your U-12 copedant if you can, or try to get close. Maybe that'll help the learning curve (especially at our age), but what do I know...I've never played anything but a U-12 Laughing

John

1997 Carter U-12 Double Body-Natural Birdseye Maple-8p/5k, Peavey Nashville 1000 Amp, Goodrich L10K Vol. Pedal, Boss DD-3 Delay, Boss CE-5 Chorus, Behringer UMC-204HD Audio Interface, AKAI MPK Mini MK3 Professional Midi Keyboard/Controller, Gretsch Bobtail Resonator, Fender Banjo, Rondo SX Lap Steel (C6), DIY Lap Steel (Open D), and a few Mojo Hand Cigar Box Guitars (MojoHandGuitars.com).
Chris Brooks

Providence, Rhode Island
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2024 8:24 pm    

Interesting setup for a double neck, Len. Bring it to RISGA's next meeting and play it for us!

Chris
Len Amaral

Rehoboth,MA 02769
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2024 7:17 am    

Thanks for the suggestions. Chris, I would be glad to drop in to the RISGA get together. I don't know how I would carry the EMMONS D10 as I am just about carrying myself.

Let me know where you're playing as I would like to drop in.

Lenny