| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  WTB: S10 E9 3x4
Robert Underkoffler

California, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jan 2024 11:04 am    

Hey, all! I'm new to posting on this wonderful forum, but I've been browsing it for a little bit now. I was actually looking for a personal birthday gift for myself today as I've been enamored by Sneaky Pete Kleinow, JayDee Maness, and quite a few others for the past few years in my musical journey and wanted to muster up enough to start learning on a good pedal steel. I honestly was dead-set on a used Excel S10, but my budget is roughly $1500 and wasn't too sure if that's a realistic ballpark. Possibly a Carter? I'm really just looking for any good 3x4 PS that truly stays in tune and isn't too heavy so I can really hunker down on learning with pedals and knee levers. Thanks so much!
Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2024 12:22 pm    

The Growler , Justice, GFI, and of course Doug Ernest's Stage one steel .

All of these companies listed here have a website and have their S10 steels priced
In the $1500 dollar range.
Robert Underkoffler

California, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2024 5:08 pm    

Will definitely check those out. Thanks!
David Michael Clark

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jan 2024 10:20 pm    

I bought one of Doug’s Stage One S10’s used as my first PSG and it’s a great machine. It’s fixed ( can’t really do any changes to it ) which is fine for a learner like myself, but it stays in tune, it’s easy to play, and it sounds great. I highly recommend looking into one. I see them listed here for sale quite often. You can go to the interwebs and look up Stage One pedal steel, but if, and I mean if they are taking orders now, it might be a while before they get to your build.
Audio engineer and tech ( live, touring, studio ), new to psg and lap wizardry, beautiful Red Stage One, Fender Champ lap, 1952 Magnatone lap, 1949 National D8 console, full of questions ( May not ask many at first ), eager to learn and listen. Generally just glad to be here.
Robert Underkoffler

California, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2024 9:33 pm    

I ended up finding an MSA Semi Classic 1972 the other day. It ain’t too light but it’ll surely do!