| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Simmons SD10 deal
Bob Simmons

Trafford, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2023 12:44 pm    

new SD10, 3&4,pad,case, this was our genesis prototype $1275+ shp/hndl call Bob 205-234-9325

Andy Alford

Post  Posted 13 Oct 2023 1:46 am    

That’s a beautiful guitar Bob!
Johnny Baker

Southport, Fla
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2023 6:49 pm    

I bought one of his builds, a little over a year ago and I am a very happy camper. I wouldn't be afraid to put mine up against many of the big name steels, that are designed to be a step above your beginner steel. I am very satisfied with it. If I had the money, I'd come and get it.

Thank you My friend, for taking the time and building mine. I am so glad I got to meet you and hope all is well with you.

Johnny

Vermont, USA
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2023 10:02 pm    

Is this still available?
Barry Coker

Bagley Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2023 5:21 am    

I know this guitar is Sold.

Southport, Fla
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2023 6:32 am    

Yes sir, it is a solidly built unit. I know, I own one and have used it in our church at least twice a week, nightly, not to mention the 8 or so 1 & 2 week revivals we've been having. While it may not be a factory made unit, on CNC machines, it has one thing that you wont find with a factory one: The love of an elderly craftsmanship who knows his business. I still love mine and cherish it. Thanks you again Mr. Simmons, I am so happy that I found you and let you build mine.

Merry Christmas to all and I wish you all a very Happy, Prosperous, & Safe New Year.

Southport, Fla
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2023 6:41 am    

He lives in Trafford, Al and here's his phone # (205) 234-9325. Now, I do not know if that is current anymore as his web-site has been taken down so not sure if he retired or what. I guess, if your really interested in it, give the number a call, I'm sure he will answer it. To the forum site master, I apologize if I'm not allowed to post a phone number. Take care.

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2023 7:34 am     Simmons Guitar

I own a Simmons SD10,and this is one fine built instrument. It plays and sounds great. I would say this a great bargain. I do not consider this a beginner instrument it all.
Johnny Baker

Southport, Fla
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2023 8:07 am    

It's more of an Intermediate instrument and offers you the ability to gig with it, without having to worry about it. As soon as I got home, I gave the case to a friend, who needed it, and built my own case, to my needs, covering it in very thick speaker cabinet material. Still lovin mine, after all this time.

Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2023 5:59 pm    

I can say the same, mine is easy to play, stays in tune, just does what its supposed to. Very quiet mechanism. I can rock my foot and get half-pedal tones too, speaking to the good mechanics underneath. Its decently light too. I've got one leg thread socket that's worn, I think it was wallowed from the beginning, and shimmed it with plastic washer, and that's about it. I've had it nearly a dozen years, my only steel, and has yet to need anything else. I tried a True-tone in it, but went back to the George L 10-1. I love it.
Johnny Baker

Southport, Fla
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2023 7:10 pm    

I still have my George "L" but it's started sounding kind of muddy and a bit to bassy. So I may replace it but I am also looking at using an equalizer to try and pull out some of that bass that seems to be muddying up the sound. My amp just isn't enough for that.