| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My new to me GFI D10 Ultra
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2023 7:53 pm    

I received the GFI I purchased from fellow forumite Steven Black...it was exactly what he described and I couldnt be happier with it. He was a great guy to do business with, great communicator and the packing was superb. I had previously owned a GFI, but it was an older model with no markings,,,prior to the Ultra and Expo designation I guess. I had forgotten what great steels they are...very solid, light weight for a D10, I love the pedal action and of course the sound. So here are 2 pics of it, one by its lonesome, and the other with the other guys I own.

Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Last edited by Larry Lenhart on 16 Dec 2023 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2023 7:56 pm    

Congratulations on the new axe Larry. Enjoy!
Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2023 10:47 pm    

Congratulations on the new axe, Happy Steelin.
Richard Smelker

Winters.Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2023 9:58 am     Larry

Larry, congrats on the GFI! you couldn't wait to get another D10! I love the PedalMaster I got from you! And my dealing with you were absolutely great! Just the fact you were willing to meet halfway to deliver it was super and I'm having a ball playing on the steel. This is the fourth steel I've bought from folks on the forum, and I'm amazed at the comradery of everyone I've met.
Great folks that can be trusted!
'
Bobby D. Jones

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 12 Dec 2023 8:36 pm    

Does your new guitar have Stainless Steel changer fingers?

Stainless Steel Fingers makes changing strings easy. No more sanding and polishing fingers to remove string groves.
Quentin Hickey

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2023 2:49 am    

They sound good. I especially like the gfi 3 pickups. Thy play like no other steel. Very smooth.
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 13 Dec 2023 5:29 am    

Nice collection! Thanks for posting.........
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 15 Dec 2023 3:09 am    

Bobby D. Jones wrote:
Does your new guitar have Stainless Steel changer fingers?

Stainless Steel Fingers makes changing strings easy. No more sanding and polishing fingers to remove string groves.

Bobby, I am not sure if it does or not.

thanks for all the comments guys...I am really enjoying the steel...its a pleasure to play, sounds good, and is a reasonable weight for this old man to carry around.
What more could i ask for.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 18 Dec 2023 7:49 pm    

Larry, they are well crafted and best warranty in the business. I love and enjoy my SD10 4x5. I did swap the pickup to a Lawrence 705 for a tone improvement.