| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Bentley Supreme
Jerry Horch

Alva, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2023 5:02 pm    

Don’t know if this has been covered or not… but anybody see the Bentley Supreme dbl neck on reverb ? Looks well made, but can’t recall hearing much on them….

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2023 5:36 pm    

Builder was a crook who left the country when things started to get hot. Before he started building these, he ran some scams here on the forum and got kicked off. He's dead now. There was a case where a competent steel tech tried to fix up a Bentley that was pretty useless and in the end gave up and declared it garbage.
That about sums it up.
Dave Hopping

Aurora, Colorado
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2023 7:14 pm    

Gee...
I wonder why Ol' Bentley-builder DIDN'T get a mention in "Gone Home". Winking
Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2023 10:49 pm    

Ron passed away ? I didn’t know that … I have to say I never had problems with him , he actually helped me out when I got scammed by some lady who was scamming people on the internet , I sent money in and never got the guitar , not sure if I’d get my money back if it wasn’t for him … I’m sorry to hear he passed away …

Carabelle, Florida
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2023 6:39 pm    

Yes , Ron is Gone. I thought that it was mentioned on here. I think he actually made a few. Mickey Adams had a thread on one he was trying to fix for the unfortunate buyer of his "Supreme Steel." It was a definite POS. Not sure if he was able to repair it and get it running or not.....
Melbert 8, Remington S8, Silk 6 string, Rick B6, Tremblay 6 lap steel, Marlen S-10 4&4, Prestige Guild M75 and Artist Award, Benedetto Bravo, Epiphone Century Electar (the real one) and a bunch of old lap steels.... mostly Ricks and Magnatones'
Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2023 8:45 pm    

While b0b was alive, mentioning Ron was forbidden here because of his threats to sue the forum. Heck, he even threatened to sue me.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, Recording King Professional Dobro, NV400, NV112,Ibanez Gio guitar, Epiphone SG Special (open D slide guitar) . Playing for 54 years and still counting.
G Strout

Carabelle, Florida
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2023 5:48 am    

I know one shouldn't speak ill of the dead but Ron was a serious POS. He screwed a lot people out of a lot of $$$ on this forum and a few others. Luckily I had no dealings with him. Some here were not so fortunate.
Melbert 8, Remington S8, Silk 6 string, Rick B6, Tremblay 6 lap steel, Marlen S-10 4&4, Prestige Guild M75 and Artist Award, Benedetto Bravo, Epiphone Century Electar (the real one) and a bunch of old lap steels.... mostly Ricks and Magnatones'
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2023 7:52 am    

G Strout wrote:
I know one shouldn't speak ill of the dead but Ron was a serious POS......

When ol' Ron's death was posted in Gone Home, b0b had the only comment and then he locked the post. He said --
Quote:
In the interest of not speaking ill of the dead, I've closed this post......

-- which at the time I took as his way of preventing the thread from going south but now I believe he was saying that he was closing it so that HE wouldn't say the bad stuff.

There's more stuff but.... I can talk about the slime or I can go do something useful.
Dave Mudgett

Central Pennsylvania and Gallatin, Tennessee
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2023 10:02 am    

I'm gonna follow b0b's lead and close this now. Question asked and answered, with context provided.