| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  OSGA Pics from annual show
Beverly Harris

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2023 12:11 pm    

Getting ready for the show!! That took some tall guys.

We always start with a prayer and the flag salute.

My hubby, Mike, has donated a ton of time getting the sound just right.

Larry King, Oklahoma bass player, is a great player and supporter of OSGA.

Jeff Culver is a great addition to our OSGA family.

Rick Bevenue (Missouri) was our drummer on Friday. Great job, Rick.

Who is this pretty woman playing a pretty fiddle? OH, it's Shelley Williams. Thanks, Shelley.

Shelley Williams, Kevin Jones, Joseph White, Larry King, but where are Mike McGee and Jeff Culver? They just didn't make the picture.

Phillip Ferguson drove up from Texas to enjoy the show and we got to enjoy a little drumming while he was there..

Jerry Foster told us a story about him playing with the Beatles in Germany. He got to play George Harrison's 1961 Fender Stratocaster for a Beatles session. They ask for his phone number so they could contact him if they got to come to America. He gave them his mom and dad's phone number, but they had moved; therefore, the Beatles didn't have the right phone number. Who knows, Jerry might have been on tour!!

Good steel player, too.

Tony Tipton (Wagoner, OK) is a great player. When you hear him play, you can hear that beautiful influence of Paul King. Good job, Tony.

Everyone's favorite!! What a duo.

Rick Eaves (Missouri) blessed us with a great variety, including Girl from Ipanema. Beautiful

Mike McGee is always a blessing at any instrument he plays. He also has a wonderful Voice. Thanks, Mike.

Janet Lynn Wise always has a great set. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and for your support of OSGA.

Rick Crow puts in lots of hours in helping prepare for the show, and then adds some good sounds on stage.

Ron Goliver (member from close to Stillwater, OK) has an unbelievable repertoire of music. Great playing.

Jimmy Dreadfulwater (Tahlequah) is not just a player, he's an entertainer!!

Terry Canida brings a smile to faces when he plays, He and Oleda sings a pretty harmony.

Larry, steel player and vocalist, from Siloam Springs. Glad you got to be here, Larry.

Clovis and John played a great duo set with a great band backing them.

Thank you John Buffington for bringing more good playing to the stage,

Beverly Harris and friends (Andrea Turner, Steve Raiford, Mark Spriggs, Joseph White, Keith Golusha, and Jeff Culver) played a variety of genres including Bob Dylan, Nitty Gritty Dirtband, Beach Boys, Procul Harum...

Paul King, Gainesville, Texas, showed us why he was again selected Texas Player of the Year, 2023. Thanks for sharing your talent with us, Paul.

Dennis Bailey, Ft Worth, Texas, was with us for the first time. What a great addition to our lineup!!

Steve Matlock (Arkansas) has a list of artists with whom he has played a mile long. We were honored to have Steve play at our OSGA show, Thanks, Steve.

Gene Crain and his lovely wife, Gayla, gave us 30 minutes of great music, We are always glad to hear this couple.

Wayne Morton is a wonderful steel player. One of these days, he is going to give us a big sample of vocals that he is now doing, We look forward to that,

Bob Garrett (Arkansas) always has stories to tell of steel guitar playing. He has the shirts to back up his stories, Find his shirts with the history. Thanks, Bob,

Jason Stilwell got to the show just in time to play at the evening jam. What a great time that was!! We had SO much fun. Doug Cole, thank you for heading that part of the program.

It was GIRL power!!!

Do you see why Marty Neer was the emcee instead of playing his steel?

Doug Cole, Famous Chili Man, does not share his recipe with everyone, but is always willing to share 30 pounds with the crowd. We love it, Doug,

Thank you sweet ladies!!

We celebrated 40+ years of OSGA organization, The first president was Terry Day, then Butch Fischwick, Don Compston, John Buffington, Marty Neer, Wayne Morton, and Beverly Harris. We had 5 of the past presidents at our show this year.

Charlie Banning has played fiddle with Clovis for a long time. Thanks, Charlie. Sounded great,

Clovis's brother, BJ sings and plays lead for Clovis, Good job BJ,

Thanks to all of you who came to support our club and the great steel guitar players. Without you, it would not happen,

Well, it came and went so quickly. Now cleanup time. Hopefully, we will see you again next year,

....and may we stay "Forever Young".

Last edited by Beverly Harris on 18 Jul 2023 5:39 pm; edited 5 times in total
Clyde Mattocks

Kinston, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2023 1:08 pm    

Good participation. Enjoyed the pics.

OH
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2023 8:52 pm     Show

Great pics and thanks for sharing, I liked the T-shirt in 2nd pic down definitely different, Thanks a Bunch

Westfield, NJ USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2023 3:04 am    

Great pictures, thanks for spending the time to share them. Looks like a great show!

I cried because I had no shoes, then I met a man who had no feet.

Today is tomorrow's Good ol' days
Larry Jamieson

Walton, NY USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2023 6:07 am    

Nice pictures, looks like you had a great show. Gene Crain was my steel teacher back in 1974 at the Hank Thompson School of Country Music at what was then Claremore Jr. College. I lived in Oklahoma for 11 years, played around Tulsa with Theral Lane. I was at your show a few years back and had a good time.
Will Houston

Tempe, Az
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2023 1:13 pm    

Looks like a good time for all. I like Mike's t shirt. Thanks for posting.
Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2023 5:16 pm    

Wonderful group of players and it was an awesome show we enjoyed. Thanks again Beverly.
Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2023 7:26 pm    

Thanks for the pictures Beverly.
Larry King

Watts, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2023 1:30 pm     correction

Good job Beverly but for the record , I live in Okla
Beverly Harris

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2023 5:40 pm     correction

Fixed that, Larry. This is not the first edit that I did. LOL
Jason Stillwell

Caddo, OK, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2023 7:22 pm    

Great pics! I sure had a great time picking and visiting.