| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tandem Levers and Copedent Question
Travis Beam

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2023 4:18 pm    

Please bare with me here I am pretty new to the world of pedals.. Back in February I became the owner of a beautiful new to me Williams 700. On the left knee there are 2 sets of tandem levers. LKL raises the E’s and LKL2 raises 1 a half step (F#->G)and lowers 6 a whole step (G#->F#). LKR lowers the E’s and LKR2 lowers 3&6 a half step (G#->G). Anatomically I cannot engage LKR2 without also engaging LKR thus lowering the E’s. So my thought is to make LKR2 lower 3 & 6 a whole step (G#->F#) so that when I engage LKR and LKR2 together I get a 5 chord. With doing this, I’d like the LKL2 to keep the half step raise on 1 but make the lower on the 6 only a half step (G#->G). If I were to make this change, would it be as simple as just tuning the LKL2 only a half step and tuning the LKR2 a whole step? Or would I need to re-rod it to get it to be successful? Or should I just keep it the way it is? Thank you in advance!
Andrew Frost

Toronto, Ontario
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2023 9:38 am    

Interesting ideas.
Would you still be able to just lower Es without the G#s going down too?
I'd think that'd be an important consideration as you want the option of G# & D# notes together for a plethora of musical reasons...

Also, for what its worth, lowering a high G# a whole tone requires a really long throw, which might not be possible on your set up. It would probably require you use a .12p and max out the rodding travel configuration.

Quote:
Please bare with me here I am pretty new to the world of pedals..

Another thought would be to remove a lever or 2 and really get comfortable with a more standard set up in relation to your personal ergonomics, and re-introduce extra levers down the road some. Sounds like you have a good understanding of harmonic possibilities, and maybe a simpler set up would allow you to get more traction with the whole process. Good luck with it!