| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Prewar Rickenbacher B7 Jerry Byrd model - Pristine w/. Case
Jonathan Lowell

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2023 12:28 pm    

Selling this Beautiful rare Rickenbacher B7 - 7 string I recently aquired from original owners nephew. I guess his uncle and his dad played on a radio show back in the day. It’s as nice as one could ask for. Looks new. Sounds new. Pick up is clear and clean. Bakelite is perfect, tuners are perfect, only a tiny slide ding on lower cover plate. Case is also great. It’s amazing guitar that needs to be with somebody who can play it correctly. I’m a newer player and and the scale size isn’t working. I can’t play it without being worried I’ll damage it somehow. I would like $3,500. The only partial trades I’d consider would be Fender 8 string single , Gibson Grand Console, quality R body square neck wooden guitars (Model 27, 37, Tut, Beard etc) not interested in E body’s or pedal steel. I am willing to ship it in US only Buyer pays.

Jon Zimmerman

California, USA
Post  Posted 20 Apr 2023 7:24 pm     Divine!

Rare as chicken chapstick, Jonathan. Single hex volume knob makes it an early version. Can you read a serial # stamp atop headstock? (=not nec to post it here) ..should begin with a “C”. That means its neck is truly orig.(not a replacement) An absolute marvel!
Tiny Olson

Mohawk River Valley, Upstate NY
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2023 12:56 pm    

Hey Jonathan:

The guitar player I worked with while playing for Commander Cody is looking for a Jerry Byrd, 7 string Rick like the one you have for sale. He is not a member of this forum so I will pass this information on to him. His name is Mark "Getty" Emerick. He's not always the easiest guy to get in touch with but this is right in the wheel-house of what he's been looking for.

Thanks,
Chris "Tiny" Olson
Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2023 7:24 pm     I had one of these last year.....

...same model. Played great. And, yup, they're rare as hen's teeth. Not sure if they're 3.5K rare, but I guess we'll find out! I certainly wish you the best getting your price. It'll be good to know what these are going for now. 5 years ago, I was buying them for $1,800! Then again, gas was under $2.00 then, so what do I know?!

Keep us posted on the sale and best of luck!
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.
Tiny Olson

Post  Posted 22 Apr 2023 8:41 am    

Hi Again Jonathan:

I spoke to Mark Emerick and he is definitely interested in this guitar..!! I'll send you a PM.

Thanks,
Chris "Tiny" Olson
Tiny Olson

Post  Posted 1 May 2023 2:50 pm    

Hey Jonathan:

Anything happening with this sale..?? I haven't heard back from you. If you've sold it already, decided to keep it or still wish to sell it please let us know. Thanks man. Hope you're okay.
Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 1 May 2023 9:48 pm     Yup!

Forgive me, but I'm curious what this sold for. Hard to believe it went for $3.5K, but--like I said--what do I know?! Laughing
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.
Tiny Olson

Post  Posted 3 May 2023 12:22 pm    

Jonathan:

I don't know what the story is with your sale but, it doesn't really matter at this point as my buddy is no longer interested.

Thanks and good luck.
Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2023 12:51 pm     Ahooo...

Hey, Tiny:

Just notice that this guy isn't a Forum member proper---looks like hejust joined to try to sell the guitar.

And if he did, mazel tov!

Still, I'm curious what it went for...
Tiny Olson

Post  Posted 5 May 2023 5:31 pm    

Hi Mark:

I did notice that about him. I'd like to know if he got his price too. I think you're right about his reason for joining.

Thanks man..!!
Luke Bergman

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 5 May 2023 11:13 pm    

I’m drooling