| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  D13 Copedant Page with Overview, Sounds, Tab, Charts
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2023 11:01 am    

I've started a new D13 copedant page that contains all the info that I've compiled while configuring my new Excel guitar and more stuff that I've discover since. There's sound files, tabs with audio, E9/C6 comparison charts using Johnny Cox's latest copedant, my copedant and numerous observations about knee lever placements, setup variations and more. I have plans for about 50 tabs and have posted 10 so far (very tedious work to tab out and record). So check back every now and then!

D13 Copedant Page
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2023 5:38 pm    

The riff below can be played many different ways and easily on a standard E9th tuning. In this case using the "extra" 5th string in E9th mode just makes the finger grips faster and more uniform. Of course with the D13 tuning you don't have to finish with standard E9th stuff so why not Boo Wah it!

Hear 5th String in E9th mode

Tab for above
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2023 5:41 pm    

I'm a big fan of Zane Beck and one of my favorite licks of his can be closely emulated on this tuning. Here's one below that combine the "E9th" pedals with the "C6" pedals and includes a few of his trademark riffs and thumb sweeps.

Hear It!

I'll have the tab for this soon on my D13 web page linked above.
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2023 3:41 pm    

LKV and RKV used together on strings 4,5,6 and 7:

LKV and RKV together
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2023 4:06 pm    

I just added 15 tabs with audio to my D13 page. Even if you don't care for tabs you can check out some new sounds and listen to the audio files!
Markus Mayerhofer

Vienna, Austria
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2023 12:11 pm    

Greg, thank you so much for your immense efforts on showing the capabilities of this tuning. The more samples i hear, the more i'm convinced it was right to get a guitar and give this tuning at least a serious trial.
I'd be curious about your personal transition experiences from D-10 and/or E9/B6 to D13...Did you already play live with D-13?
Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2023 2:15 pm    

I don’t get a chance to play out live anymore. Too many other irons in the fire and lots of other really cool hobbies. But due to this tuning I’ve gotten back into the steel guitar and for the first few weeks I wondered why I bought the dog on thing and I kept going back to it and eventually I guess my brain just adapted now I actually like this better than a double 10 because the immediate availability of not only both tunings, but some new stuff and some great low string rhythm vamps. I also just sold my other Excel guitar which was a E ninth C6 change over 12 string because this covers all that that did and a few more changes. At this point I’m almost ready to even sell my MSA double 10 which is pretty awesome but I don’t want to ship it and I want a little bit more time with this tuning to make sure I don’t miss anything else.