| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Williams D10 question.
Jerry Dragon

Gate City Va.
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2023 5:58 pm    

I have the opportunity to buy a Williams D10 for under a thousand. It is an old one but in good condition. It has 8 pedals and only 1 knee lever? I haven't seen it yet and don't know much about them. I just found it odd that a D10 would only have 1 knee lever?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanx
J.D.

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2023 8:22 pm    

I'd have to see it or at least some good pictures of it if I were you.

Pardon the skepticism but under a grand is an unusual price for a modern D10. Of course anything is possible and perhaps the seller just wants to get out of it. Or an estate or other consolidation.

I believe Williams guitars came out in the late 80s and it seems odd to me that Bill would have built a D10 with only 1 knee lever when most guitars of that era would have had at least 4. It's possible that it may have been a special order and a buyer specified just one lever.

It may be a legit buy at a giveaway price for whatever reason, but more investigation and information and that it's an acutual Williams guitar would certainly be a must have before dropping any money on it IMO.
Keith Bolog

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2023 8:54 pm     buy it.....

I own a D-10 that was ordered by a guy with one leg and it only had 2 factory KLs with 8 pedals. You never know. Seems unlikely that someone would remove 3 or more KLs. Look for evidence underneath.

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2023 9:33 pm    

Pics, please, and also you should contact Williams to authenticate. I have #300, the first of the the 300 series. Bill developed a newer changer after then, so pictures of that end of the guitar would be very instructive.