| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sho Bud Super Pro Question
Kevin Fix

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 3 Feb 2023 4:34 pm    

Has anyone found a way to change the pressure that it takes to depress pedals? Having some medical issues with my left foot. Trying to make it easier to push the pedals. Mostly my A and B pedals. Maybe some kind of spring assist? Sho Bud Super Pro undercarriage.
Paul Wade

mundelein,ill
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2023 6:40 am     super pro

have you tried to move the pedal rods in diffrent holes ??
http://steelguitar.com/adjustments.html

paul
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2023 7:44 am    

I'm foggy on things because most of my experience is with pre-Super Pro and transitional models. I thought that you already had raise helper springs?

They are not adjustable (except by cutting or stretching) but if they've been removed from your 10 & 5, 6 & 3 strings, you could get some springs and do this.

Also, if your ball is not already in the near hole (arrow), moving it there will make for a somewhat easier pedal feel. However as a result you will absolutely need to lengthen the pedal throw at the pedal stop. This can create a chain reaction of adjustments -- do you then need to shorten the pedal rod ( at the screw-on connector) so it doesn't hit the floor?

Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2023 12:24 pm    

Jon Light wrote:
...Also, if your ball is not already in the near hole (arrow), moving it there will make for a somewhat easier pedal feel. However as a result you will absolutely need to lengthen the pedal throw at the pedal stop. This can create a chain reaction of adjustments -- do you then need to shorten the pedal rod ( at the screw-on connector) so it doesn't hit the floor?

What Jon said, with one revision - this change doesn't actually require any adjustment to the pedal stops or undercarriage, it's just adding leverage at the pedal so that the pedal has to move farther to pull the pedal rod and crank the same distance. What's happening upstairs doesn't change, so the only other adjustment might be to tweak the pedal height as Jon mentioned via the quick connects on the rods.

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 4 Feb 2023 12:33 pm    

I had to sit down & visualize. Yep. You are absolutely correct. The cross shaft is still going to rotate until it hits the stop. No change. Thanks for that clarification, Ian.
Kevin Fix

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2023 8:17 pm    

Thank you your helpful suggestions!!!! Very much appreciated!!!