| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Amazing Pedal Steel Set-up/Repair Person in Michigan! Cody S
Brett Hansen

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2023 6:35 am    

If anyone is in need of repair or set up work on a push pull or all pull steel, there is a forum member name Cody Stewart in northern Michigan who does amazing work. I have seen 2 Emmons PP bolts he restored and an early 70's Sho Bud among others and they are now better than showroom perfect. Last weekend he performed a miracle on a 1978 Sho-Bud Pro II Custom I picked up that was in terrible operating condition. Someone had the rods completely in all the wrong spots and everything was seriously messed up. I watched him put everything right in short order and it was amazing to watch. I was intending to sell it and cut my losses but am now definitely keeping it. He is willing do to repair and set up work and I can't say enough good about his work, he's the most meticulous person I have ever met. You can PM him here on the forum to get in touch with him.
Michael Harrington

Ann Arbor
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2023 1:46 pm    

Cody is your guy if you’re in the mitten. He’s dug me out of my own grave with my pushpull, and is overly willing to help anyone because of his love for steel guitar, and especially Emmons guitars.

Ask him about his black D10 he restored!!

Michael
Brett Hansen

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2023 4:13 pm    

I've seen and heard that Black bolt PP in person and live with his band. That's one of them I was talking about, that thing is magic.
Cody Stewart

Traverse City Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2023 8:49 am    

A big thank you to Brett and Michael. I enjoy making a guitar perform to its full potential and I'm not scared of a challenge. I enjoy helping people understand how their guitars work. I have access to a good machinist if parts can't be sourced elsewhere.