| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1975 Classic D-10 (Again)
Jason Wells

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 20 Dec 2022 7:49 pm    

Hello folks. FYI, this is somewhat of a re-post from August as we initially created some confusion by mistakenly posting a photo depicting a guitar other than the one we are seeking to sell here. Attached are 100 percent accurate photos and more of them than the last time.

As we mentioned then, this beautiful instrument came to us under somewhat unique circumstances and we are simply seeking to get out what we put into it and without having any real expertise regarding pedal steels generally or this one in particular. That said, we are lucky to have connected with a couple professional players in our area who gratefully provided us with the essential detail below and would be willing to help field any inquires.

As we mentioned a few months back, we acquired the instrument solely for use at one performance at our music venue, Armadillo Ranch in Manitou Springs, CO. www.manitouarmadilloranch.com. Our father was turning 80 years old and we celebrated by flying him out from the East Coast along with a band that used to play parties at his farm (the original Armadillo Ranch) in the mid-70s while also crashing there when they had gigs in the area. Check out the band, 8 to the Bar, here https://eighttothebar.com/. They are still going strong after nearly 50 years! Though it's not the case now, the pedal steel was a mainstay of the band's rockin' sound back when, so it was crucial that we secure one for this monumental event. The thing is, we really can't put it to much use now and it really deserves to be with someone who can play it the way it deserves. Again, we are only looking to get out what we put in to purchasing and tuning and adjusting this beauty.

So here are the stats as we know them with the help of others more informed than us:

1975 MSA Classic D-10
SN 2C4480
Built 3/31/1975 & originally sold in Dallas, TX.
Solid Maple Necks & Cabinet
Double raise, double lower changer
All OEM Aircraft grade components
OEM 9 Volt switched overdrive pre amp
Showroom Condition
OEM Molded plastic case w/wheels included
Asking $2500 + shipping

*Includes extra pedal pull rod
*Right knee up lever needs 2x changer pull rods
*switched overdrive preamp was probably not OEM, but per Scott at MSA, it's possible as "they got kinda goofy back then...."

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2022 3:54 am    

yes indeed, that OD IS original MSA,, I know that for sure as I had one way back when, and remember them well.. It was an added charge option, and I don't think there are many out there. Not sure how long they offered it, and never saw one on a Mica MSA Classic, only on the maple/lacquer MSA Classic. It was VERY distorted, more like a "fuzz tone" with very long sustain. Not very natural sounding.. I have seen a few others beside the one that I personally owned... bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Jason Wells

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2022 7:46 am    

Thank you so much for that affirmation regarding the overdrive Bob; great to know!
Chris Boyd

Leonia,N.J./Charlestown,R.I.
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2022 8:23 am    

Interesting... I've done many shows with 8 to the Bar and also gigged out of Manitou from '76-'78 ...beautiful steel !

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2023 4:45 pm     Update: 1975 MSA Classic D-10

FYI, for those who might be interested in this guitar, it is still available and is now on consignment at Moondog Music Shop in Colorado Springs, CO. https://www.facebook.com/MoondogMusicShop

Naturally, we will still take inquiries here, but if anyone interested in potentially purchasing wishes to speak with the retail professional in whose hands this item has now been entrusted, feel free to reach out to Mike at 719-634-7425

Thanks
Jason Wells

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2023 4:46 pm    

PS Chris. Very cool on both fronts! If you ever pay a visit to Manitou again, please come drop in on us at the Armadillo Ranch!

Cheers.
Jason Wells

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2023 4:48 pm    

PS Bob -- thanks for those incredibly useful additional insights on the distortion switch!
Mike DiAlesandro

Kent, Ohio
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2023 5:52 pm    

Jason,

That is a very nice MSA you are selling. Smile

I checked out the Armadillo Ranch, and it looks like a very cool bar/restaurant w/live music. Nice!

I was in Manitou Springs over thirty years ago, and I remember in the center of town was a copper pipe with spring water bubbling out. I hope it's still there!

Best of luck on your sale.