| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  A new young player has fallen in love with Steel Guitar
Larry Toliver

Merkel, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jan 2023 4:44 am    

Good day fellow steelers,
This is Larry Toliver and I had a young man who I've know for years come over to my house yesterday. He is crazy about the steel guitar! I'm looking for a single 10 or even a Double 10 that some one would like to part with cheaply! I will help him. He's in college and really (I know the family) has very little money. He is very gifted in music...plays piano at church, plays guitar, and bass already...and tuba in band. The steel bug has bitten him. I played Your Man for him yesterday and I thought he was gonna go crazy. Anyway, enough of the mush! I was told the other day that a buddy of mine (who has several steels) was given a very nice D10 that someone had kept under their bed for years. I am hoping someone has a good heart and will part with something decent that he can purchase. (with a little help) His name is Ethan Baird, and is a good and decent young man. I told him about the Dallas show and he told his mom....we're going to that! She rolled her eyes.(haha) Anyway, if anyone can lend a hand and help with some kind inexpensive starter steel...I'll be grateful and so will Ethan.
Thank you all!
Larry T
An Infinity D-10 with 8 & 9, now a Telonics Combo Amp with an M1XL TC effects unit, and a Telonics Volume Pedal with that crazy blue light, a Session 115 and matching cabinet, and a Peterson Flip tuner with another blue light!