| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  "Please close" Bl 605
Dennis Brown

Gowen, Mi. USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2023 8:52 am    

Has anyone used the chrome surround BL605 on E9 neck? (And liked it?) I'm sure someone may have. I've had thoughts of trying one on my MCI S10. Could the brightness be calmed down with a cap?
Thought I had a Chrome surround 705 but the resistance is 15.4 leading me to believe it's a 605.

Last edited by Dennis Brown on 19 Jan 2023 5:18 am; edited 3 times in total
David Higginbotham

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2023 4:04 pm    

I regret selling this beautiful MSA but I had a burgundy the same model that I kept with a single coil Emmons. It was one of the best tone combinations I’ve ever played. The gold MSA had a 605 and a very unique tone. It was brighter, as expected. But the richness of the tone was reminiscent of the classic Shobud tone, only better! (Insert ‘subjective’ here🙂)

Those MSA’s have a bit darker and smoother tone so it paired well with the 605. Ironically, I tried an original 705 in the other MSA and, to my surprise, wasn’t happy with what I was hearing. The Emmons S/C was perfect for me.

I don’t think the 605 in an MCI would be a bad combination. You won’t know unless you try! 🙂

Dennis Brown

Gowen, Mi. USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2023 4:15 pm     Bl605

Thanks, David for your reply. I'm thinking if, I could bleed out some of the treble it would be good. Not sure of the best way to do that.