| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Tiny washers between Sho~Bud pedals
Glenn Burleigh

St. Louis, MO, USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2022 5:58 am    

Hey there,

I'm getting a Professional back into gigging shape. The previous owner had taken three pedals off and then replaced them, prior to selling to me. In that process, it seems like a few of the little washers that go between the pedals got lost. I've looked through Yahl's site, and they don't seem to be available through him. There are some small fiber washers, but they are labelled as being for the pull rods. They look about right, but the label tells me they aren't for the pedal rack. Anybody know where I can get a few of these little guys?
Dekley Slimline 3x4, Sho~bud Professional, Encore 3x5, Fender Custom Professional, Gold Tone PDS-D, Melbert Roundabout, Gibson Les Paul Junior Special, Ibanez Custom Agent, Danelectro U2 Baritone, various Teles and Strats.
Ian Worley

Sacramento, CA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2022 10:07 am    

Places like McMaster-Carr or Grainger will have what you need, but you'll likely have to buy 50 or 100. For example: https://www.mcmaster.com/95606A470-95606A170/

Great State of Oklahoma
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2022 11:27 am    

Ace Hardware stores sell washers individually.

St. Louis, MO, USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2022 12:08 pm    

These are really small. I'll go check at the hardware store, but they're definitely thinner than any of the nylon washers that I've seen in Lowes. I need to go get some set screws, so I've gotta go to store anyway. Will go to a non-big box. Maybe better luck there.
Dekley Slimline 3x4, Sho~bud Professional, Encore 3x5, Fender Custom Professional, Gold Tone PDS-D, Melbert Roundabout, Gibson Les Paul Junior Special, Ibanez Custom Agent, Danelectro U2 Baritone, various Teles and Strats.
Jamie Kitlarchuk

Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2022 1:35 pm    

Let us know if you find the right washer. I'd like to have a few spares as well.
David Ball

North Carolina High Country
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2022 2:43 am    

Here's what I have used--hard fiber washers:

https://www.mcmaster.com/standard-washers/material~hard-fiber/id~1-2/

Dave
Wayne Brown

Bassano, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2022 3:14 am     steel guitar

Glenn these washers are not exclusive to sho bud. they were extensively used also on MSA. Try that route. The examples that your fellow forum members are showing you here should work quite well.
thanks
wayne
Glenn Burleigh

St. Louis, MO, USA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2022 7:46 am    

I will look into these fiber washers. I went to non-big box hardware store and they also didn't have anything nearly as thin as these. It's not hard to find the right inner and outer diameters, but I'm striking out on finding anything that I wouldn't have to significantly sand down to match the originals.

Taking the tip about MSAs, I went to back to Yahl's site and these washers for the MSA changers might work. I don't know if they're quite thin enough, but they seem to be thinner than what I've gotten from the stores and the diameters seem right.
https://www.psgparts.com/Washer-Nylon-505-ID-750-OD-032-Thick-HDWR-0750-050-032.htm

Thanks for all the tips!
Kenny Davis

Great State of Oklahoma
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2022 9:35 am    

Do they have to be fibre? Wouldn't Nylon or Nylon MDS work for that application?

Broussard, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2022 10:32 am    

👀

"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin
Brett Hansen

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2022 12:47 pm    

I need some too! For a 78 Sho-Bud pro 2 custom.
Brett Hansen

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2022 2:00 pm    

I ordered some from the website above. The ones shown with a .500 id and a .688 od are exactly right to match my pro 2 custom pedals. PM me your mailing address and I'll send you a dozen when They get here...I don't need 100 of them.
Glenn Burleigh

St. Louis, MO, USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2022 1:56 pm    

Way to figure this stuff out!