| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Altec 418's ... two for sale
Jim Wheeler

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2022 12:20 pm    

I bought one of those old Kustom Tuck and Roll Cabinets, blue sparkle no less, for conversion to a Bass Cabinet - and in it were two "Ross" speakers, but I'm pretty sure they are Altec Lansing 418's ... there may be several version of the 418, and I don't know which these are, but I'm still pretty sure they are Altec Lansing 418's.

One is a clear re-cone, but it looks in good shape, and pulls a nice 6 ohms on the DC resistance meter. I think $150-ish is a fair price for that one, open to better information.

I think the other is the original cone. It's dirty - I'll guess that's a 40 year old beer stain on the cone - it was in the the "lower" position (and I've NOT yet tried to clean it - but otherwise in good shape. It pulls an unusual 10 ohms on the DC resistance meter, but I was told Altec made a 12 ohm version of this? Dunno ... but pretty sure that's the original 21353-3 cone. There's a super clean 418 on Reverb - look like the same speaker - for $500 ... I think $250-ish for this one is a fair price, open to better information.

At $400 for the pair, I'll pay insured shipping ... BEFORE You BUY - I'd like YOU to do a "FaceTime" or "Zoom" review with me - I don't need anything except for you to be clear on "what you're buying", which I think is a couple solid Speakers that work well with Pedal Steel.

More Pic's Below
Jim Wheeler

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2022 12:23 pm