| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ezzee~slide Tone Bar or Clinesmith Polymer Bars
Dave Sky

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2022 4:35 pm    

I have no experience with the Clinesmith Polymer Bars or the Ezzee~slide Tone Bar. Any recommendations for one or the other? Or is there another bar of this type that you like? I just play for fun and wanted to try a different type of bar.
Peter Krebs

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2022 6:05 pm    

Hi Dave. I love my Clinesmith bar. I have a bunch of bars I’ve picked up over the years (or were given to me) and the Clinesmith is the one I come back to. Good luck!
Miles Lang

Venturaloha
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2022 6:41 pm    

I haven’t tried a Clinesmith bar, but I adore my Ezzee-Slides! I’ll never go back to metal/chrome bars again.

Jill Martini & The Shrunken Heads

All aloha, all the time
Jim Fogarty

Phila, Pa, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2022 6:50 pm    

Clinesmith bars = Highly recommended. Turned my BJS bars into backups.
Frank James Pracher

Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2022 9:02 pm    

I have both... they're each fantastic. To me the Clinesmith has a tone closer to a metal bar... I find the Eezzee slide a bit easier to grip.. Both are fine bars, and I found Todd and Basil both very professional and easy to work with.

Victoria, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2022 9:11 pm    

I have one of each. I think the Clinesmith is a bit noisier on the strings - I haven't used it in a minute so I forget what the tonal qualities are. My Eezzee side is absurdly quiet on the strings and definitely has a bit more mellow of a tone compared a metal bar. I really like the Eezzee slide sound for jazz-y or ambient styles, but I still find myself grabbing a metal bar for a more classic country sound.
Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2022 9:22 pm     Dave...

I confess I haven't tried one of Basil's bars but I hear raves...yet, but I have been playing my Clinesmith bar for a few years now and I absolutely love it.

I have Todd make them as heavy as possible for the size. I believe I last ordered a 7/8 X 3.25 bar 7.25+.

Like some of the other guys, I do often return to a steel bar, but I keep coming back to the Clinesmith.

I highly recommend picking one up. You won't regret it.
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.
Lee Gauthier

Victoria, BC, Canada
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2022 11:52 pm    

I ran back to the studio tonight to test with my Clinesmith again. I'd describe it as a bit brighter and more direct sounding than the Eezzee, but it definitely scrapes the strings more than the Eezzee. I don't recall Clinesmith being scratchy at all when I first got it so maybe there is some polishing I need to do?

Tonewise I don't think one is better than the other just subtly different.
K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2022 4:50 am    

I love the Eezee slides. I have one 10 string size one smaller for lap steel and one big Sneaky Pete size for my Fender 1000.
KEVIN MAUL: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Donner, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Williams, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
Gregory LeBlanc

New England, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2022 7:17 am    

To keep bar recs in one place, what are your favorite grip bars? I'm using a ben harper signature right now but torn between upgrading to an asher or beard.