| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Alert for Facebook users
Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2022 1:32 am    

I wanted to put out a fraud alert for Facebook users, there is a guy on pedal steel guitars wants and buys who is selling steel guitars he does not own, he gets pictures especially off of archives like Reverb.com or off steel guitar forum, he changes locations a lot, does not use his real name, that changes too, luckily I did not buy from him since he posted a picture of my guitar I sold to a guy in Texas two years ago, now he is trying to cancel culture me off Facebook for making this known. So keep an eye out for him, wish I had an accurate id on this guy.
Mark Helm

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2022 5:47 am     ????????

S:

What's the name he's going by? And what do you mean "cancel culture"?

I need more info so I can be on the lookout.

Thanks!
Remington Steelmaster S8 w/ custom Steeltronics pickup. Vox MV-50 amplifier + an 1940's Oahu cab w/ 8" American Vintage speaker. J. Mascis Fender Squire Jazzmaster, Hofner Club bass, Ibanez AVN4-VMS Artwood Vintage Series Concert Size Acoustic Guitar. 1920s/30s Supertone Hawaiian-themed parlor guitar. Silvertone parlor guitar.
Will Brown

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2022 5:51 am     Alert

I think I had this same guy email me a week or so back. Trying to sale me a Tut Taylor dobro for 700.00. I asked him how he was able to know I was looking for one since that was a old post I put on the forum some time back. He said he seen it here.I asked him if,he was a forum member and I only bought off the forum from forum members didn't ever hear,back from him.but 700.00 was a red flag
Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2022 4:34 pm     Alert for Facebook users

The number he used was 414-856-4643, speaks Algerian after I turned down his sale of a guitar, I told him I was only interested in a new Emmons 65 resound, he sent me a picture of his, he wanted $1,500 including case.
It was a stripped Emmons no cross rods underneath or mechanics, he would not tell me his name.
Bill McCloskey

Post  Posted 3 Jun 2022 5:27 pm    

Looks like someone with the same number was scamming someone else. This time: tanned squirrels!! https://www.taxidermy.net/threads/441666/
Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2022 6:20 pm     Alert for Facebook users

Yes that is the name he goes by Jacob.
Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2022 6:23 pm     Alert for Facebook users

He is trying to push pedal steel guitars, he could try to go on here, so be alert.
Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2022 10:33 am     scam

Bill McCloskey wrote:
Looks like someone with the same number was scamming someone else. This time: tanned squirrels!! https://www.taxidermy.net/threads/441666/

Bill I sent you a PM, sir
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!
Bill McCloskey

Post  Posted 12 Jun 2022 11:24 am    

Patrick I got your message. You misunderstood my post. I just googled the phone number and posted the result. I do not do taxidermy myself.
Roger Aycock

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2022 6:22 pm     Alert for facebook users

Someone on Facebook advertised a "wheeler"
Steel guitar. My brother checked out the ad and this guy was a phoney. It maybe the same guy.
Bob Cox

Buckeye State
Post  Posted 13 Jun 2022 12:07 pm     fraud

Facebook does not screen its vendors be careful you can get ripped off purchasing from any of their venders.