| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Emmons metal logo plate
Wayne Brown

Bassano, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2022 1:47 pm    

Hi folks well it's great to be back after a long time away. I know this has probably been asked to death but I could use a little info. I just bought a 1969 Emmon's P/P D-10 and in the spare parts i have a metal Emmon's logo plate and a silver emmon's front apron sticker. Anybody know what years these are for
thanks
wayne

Kelcey ONeil

Sevierville, TN
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2022 4:39 am    

The sticker is correct for 1969, the badges were not installed until the Fatback's were introduced in 1970.

Bassano, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Apr 2022 4:13 pm     Emmons metal logo plate

thanks Kelcey
Tiny Olson

Mohawk River Valley, Upstate NY
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2022 5:02 am    

Hey Wayne...
Just curious, what is the serial # of your '69 Emmons..?? I have a '69 Rosewood, D-10 myself and it's # 1312-D. Like Kelcey said, my '69 is a "decal" guitar.

I've seen a few '69 decal guitars that were "Fatbacks" so it seems as though Big Ron started that design a little later in 1969. Also, if I recall correctly, there were fewer guitars built in 1969 for various reasons. I've also seen one 1970 decal guitar that the original owner said was an early '70 guitar that came with the decal. Kelcey, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Have fun with that horn Wayne. I really like mine a lot..!!

Chris "Tiny" O.
Wayne Brown

Bassano, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2022 7:44 am     emmons

1329 D

Last edited by Wayne Brown on 28 Apr 2022 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Mike Bourque

Nashville TN
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2022 12:30 am     Most likely a 1970

The serial number list states that 1969 numbers were 1284 to 1337 meaning this is most likely at 1970 model. (1001 D or any post invoice Guitar’s started in early to mid 67 maybe the 67-68-69 and 70 numbers a little bit all over the place. But that list does level out after 69 or 70. (Notice how there’s only 53 guitars built in 1969. They were playing catch up on all the non invoice 66 guitars that are actually 67s. Regardless I played this guitar when john had it and it is awesome.

Bassano, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2022 2:37 am     emmons

thanks 1969 please close
wayne
Mike Bourque

Nashville TN
Post  Posted 28 Apr 2022 9:59 am     1969 guitars

Tiny Olson wrote:
Hey Wayne...
Just curious, what is the serial # of your '69 Emmons..?? I have a '69 Rosewood, D-10 myself and it's # 1312-D. Like Kelcey said, my '69 is a "decal" guitar.

I've seen a few '69 decal guitars that were "Fatbacks" so it seems as though Big Ron started that design a little later in 1969. Also, if I recall correctly, there were fewer guitars built in 1969 for various reasons. I've also seen one 1970 decal guitar that the original owner said was an early '70 guitar that came with the decal. Kelcey, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Have fun with that horn Wayne. I really like mine a lot..!!

Chris "Tiny" O.

That’s what I meant with the comment I made was that they most likely made as many guitars in 69 as they did in 68 67 and 70. (Because of the inaccuracies on the serial numbers on the inaccurate list (which I’ll include a photo of ) all those 66 guitars mentioned are actually 67. And 67s are mostly 68s the list only starts balancing out in around 70 or 71

Wayne on your guitar is there a patten number on the end of the neck by the changer area ?

Basically 67 -69 cut tails had the decal. 70 and 71 (unsure about exactly when they changed to plastic ) had the metal badge however this one is most likely a early 70 meaning it could have still had the decal. Fat backs also started sometimes in 1970. I never seen a decal one but I’ve heard the early ones did indeed have a decal.

At the end of the day I think the decal is cooler and if there aren’t any holes drilled on the front apron then use the decal Smile.