| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Stewart power amp repair
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2022 8:02 pm    

Can anyone suggest an amp repair shop that might work on Stewart PA100 power amps? I have a couple of non-working amps and would like to get them working if it wasn't cost prohibitive.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, a restored MSA Classic SS, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Also a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored Rose S10, named the "Blue Bird". Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also have a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks, and a showroom condition Sho-Bud Super Pro.
Michael Hartz

Decorah, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2022 4:38 pm    

Is Sterwart Audio still in business? That’s where I sent my World 1.2 both times for repair.
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2022 6:39 pm    

I assume they are still in business, but I sent an amp to them several years ago and they charged me about twice what the amp was worth. They acted like they didn't really want to fool with the repair. I was hoping to find someone that was familiar with them and would fix it reasonable.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, a restored MSA Classic SS, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Also a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored Rose S10, named the "Blue Bird". Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also have a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks, and a showroom condition Sho-Bud Super Pro.
Michael Hartz

Decorah, Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2022 6:47 pm    

Gotcha, understandable
Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2022 5:54 am    

If you are unable to get repair service, give one of Jay Ganz's small power amps a try, very small, light weight, and clean power. You'll love it I promise.
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 6 Apr 2022 6:00 am    

Yeah Danny, I need to try one of Jay's amps, I just keep putting off buying one, since I play very little anymore. I'll get one someday.
Marty Nemanick

Madera, California, USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2022 8:21 am    

I called Stewart a few months back to inquire about repairing a PA100 power amp and they said they no longer repair them so I threw it out and purchased one of Jay Ganz Straight Ahead amp, more power, lightweight and sounds fantastic! Actually bought a second one as a spare.