| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Adding LEDs to a Stomp Circuit?
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2022 8:28 am    

I have my eye on a 2 button footswitch that matches another one I have except it doesn't have LEDs.

How hard would it be to add a couple of say, 5mm, LEDs to the circuit? I can poke a couple holes in the case to mount them, no problem.

They are powered by a 9v battery on the one I currently have, but looks there may be resistors between the switch and the beacon.

I'm looking through some online info, but I thought perhaps someone here has done this and may have some tips.

Thanks in advance.
ajm

Los Angeles
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2022 9:10 am    

I'm confused.
I don't know what you're trying to do.

What is a "two button footswitch"?
Why are you adding TWO LEDs?
Are you doing this to a commercial effect unit?

Need more info.
Lee Warren

Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2022 9:17 am    

Hi Jerry,
The physical modification shouldn’t be too hard, but, depending on the type of switches in there, you may have to ‘upgrade’ those switches to ones with an additional, dedicated pole for the led.
You’re right, there is typically a resistor, to prevent the power supply from blowing the led.
Lee
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2022 9:19 am    

Sorry, I did not make that clear. I have 2 amps of the same design. I have the Branded footswitch for one but not the other. I was looking at a footswitch of the same design and Brand as the one I have, but isn't lighted, for the other amp.

The 2 button footswitch is for a 2 channel amplier with reverb. Channel switching on one circuit and reverb on the other.

The LEDs are just so you can see the operation of off and on in the event the amplifier is not visible or whatever reason one might want to have indicators.

From what I see so far, I might be better off buying a generic lighted footswitch even if it isn't a brand match to the other one.

Thanks Lee.