| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  SOLD Custom Made Eddie Fulawka Steel Guitar + Peavey Session
Laura Bombier

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2021 9:41 am    

SOLD
Rare Custom Made Eddie Fulawka Steel Guitar + Peavey Session 500 Mark IV Series AMP
Custom made
10 String Steel guitar
by Eddie Fulawka in Port Credit

Mint condition
On off switch a bit loose
This rare 60’s model is built to last, sounds very sweet, features both E9 and C6 necks, beautiful hand inlay design and comes with case.

Fulawka steel pedal guitars are world-renowned for their high-quality craftsmanship and beautiful sound. They have graced the stages of many concert halls. Fulakwa steel guitars are played by top musicians around the world.

Started in 1949, Fulawka Guitars was the personal passion of Edward Richard Fulawka. He produced some of the finest steel guitars available to musicians around the world.
https://fulawkalegacyguitar.com/about-fulawka-guitars/

Peavey Session 500 Mark IV Series AMP
The Peavey Session® 500 amplifier was probably was the best pedal steel guitar amplifier ever built. Has a huge sound - the Session® 500 truly represents the "state of the art" in musical instrument amplification.

$7,600 for both items.

Last edited by Laura Bombier on 2 Dec 2021 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2021 2:01 pm    

Ok,, so,, First post, No pictures, and asking double what the guitar is worth.. Yeah, not sure many replies will be forthcoming, but good luck in any case...

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
John Ely

Minneapolis Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2021 4:12 pm     Fulawka Guitar

Laura, all of us here on the forum wish you good luck with your sale.

Pictures may indeed be helpful, but that's your call.
So is the price anyone asks for their guitar or gear.

No reason anyone should have jumped into your sale ad with unsolicited advice about your price point or dissing your gear.

Again good luck with the sale of what sounds like an excellent guitar and amp.
John

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2021 1:43 am     Re: Fulawka Guitar

John Ely wrote:

No reason anyone should have jumped into your sale ad with unsolicited advice about your price point or dissing your gear.

John

like I said, good luck selling it, first post, no pics, unrealistic price, quoting from the website instead of making a proper introduction as to who they are and some history of the guitar in question. Lets be logical.

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2021 1:53 am     Re: Fulawka Guitar

John Ely wrote:

John

its bogus..

Bill Hatcher

Atlanta Ga. USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2021 5:26 am    

Check profile. Just joined....one post....caveat emptor.
Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2021 2:28 am     Re: Fulawka Guitar

Bob Carlucci wrote:
John Ely wrote:

John

its bogus..

John,
Yeah it is…gotta be….with what UPS, FedEx, etc charges these days it would cost AT LEAST $7,600 just to ship that Session 500. 😁
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!
Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2021 2:29 am    

How many pedals and knees?
Pre RP Mullen D10 8/7, Zum 3/4, Carter S-10 3/4, previous Cougar SD-10 3/4 & GFI S-10 3/4, Fender Steel King, 2 Peavey Session 500's, Peavey Nashville 400, Boss DD-3, Profex-II, Hilton Digital Sustain, '88 Les Paul Custom,Epiphone MBIBG J-45, Fender Strat & Tele's, Takamine acoustics, Marshall amps, Boss effects, Ibanez Tube Screamer, and it all started with an old cranky worn out Kay acoustic you could slide a Mack truck between the strings and fretboard on!!
Laura Bombier

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2021 4:03 pm    

Hi all
Just seeing the responses - I am not a user of forums I have tried to uplaod photos to no avail. Any advice would be helpful - I find this format very clunky! Sad
It belonged to my elderly uncle who has asked me to sell it for him - I know nothing about these guitars or amps so my apologies! I was told by someone it was worth what I listed it as and after a few phone calls today I have learned it is not as much as we thought so reducing the price.
I also learned the AMP is a boat anchor - saw the post about shipping for that - very funny!! Smile

Laura
Laura Bombier

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2021 4:05 pm    

IS there a way to edit the price in my first post? Or do I need to repost?
Sorry I am a newbie here! Smile

Laura Bombier

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2021 4:06 pm    

Apologies! The photos are not oriented the right way - even though they were shot correctly!

Price is being reworked!
Thanks for your patience all.
Laura
Dale Rottacker

Walla Walla Washington, USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2021 4:20 pm    

*2021 Rittenberry, "The Concord" D10 9x9
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com
Laura Bombier

Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2021 4:40 pm    

Lee Dassow

Jefferson, Georgia USA
Post  Posted 24 Nov 2021 5:49 pm    

Session 500! One of the best amps Peavey ever made.
Mine has the new Eminence neo speaker in it. It's about 10 pounds lighter. Tenn.Lee
2015 Mullen D-10 Royal Precision 9x8,-1990 BMI S-10 5x5-1972 Silver face Fender pro Reverb amp,-1965 Fender Super Reverb Amp,- 1966 Fender Showman Amp Two 15" JBL speakers,- 2006 65 Fender Twin Reverb reissue Amp,- 1982 Peavey Session 500 amp,-1978 Peavey Session 400,Goodrich Volume Pedals,John Pearse Steel Bars,
Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2021 5:34 am    

Lee Dassow wrote:
Session 500! One of the best amps Peavey ever made.
Mine has the new Eminence neo speaker in it. It's about 10 pounds lighter. Tenn.Lee

Lee,
alas, both mine still have the original BW's in em. The Fender Steel King I got's not a lot better.
Patrick Huey

Nacogdoches, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2021 5:38 am    

Laura Bombier wrote:
Hi all
Just seeing the responses - I am not a user of forums I have tried to uplaod photos to no avail. Any advice would be helpful - I find this format very clunky! Sad
It belonged to my elderly uncle who has asked me to sell it for him - I know nothing about these guitars or amps so my apologies! I was told by someone it was worth what I listed it as and after a few phone calls today I have learned it is not as much as we thought so reducing the price.
I also learned the AMP is a boat anchor - saw the post about shipping for that - very funny!! Smile

Laura

Welcome, Laura.
Don't mean to add to your trouble but some pics of the underside would be helpful. if you have the steel's case you can place it in case then take pics of the underneath where folks could see the undercarriage. That's where all the mechanical stuff is that helps the guitar make it's magic.
Asa Brosius

Post  Posted 25 Nov 2021 7:22 am    

Nice guitar- don't let the peanut gallery bully you here- there are plenty of high priced guitars for sale- if you have questions about value/condition I'd suggest reaching out to Burke Carroll- an excellent and experienced Ontario-based player who knows those guitars very well. Best of luck.
Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2021 7:30 am    

Asa Brosius wrote:
Nice guitar- don't let the peanut gallery bully you here- there are plenty of high priced guitars for sale- if you have questions about value/condition I'd suggest reaching out to Burke Carroll- an excellent and experienced Ontario-based player who knows those guitars very well. Best of luck.

Ollie Strong is another with knowledge about Fulawka guitars, as he has one and worked with Eddie. Ollie is the Steeler demonstrating the Fulawka steel on the "how its made" show's steel guitar segment.
Susan Alcorn

Baltimore, MD, USA
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2021 2:33 pm    

A price of something depends on how much someone is willing to pay for it. As Patrick noted, photos of the underside would be helpful. That said, this is one gorgeous pedal steel guitar; Ed Fulawka was one of the top pedal steel builders in the world, and his guitars are famous for their beautiful sound and playability. I think there is definitely a market for a rare and vintage Fulawka, built by the master himself.

The Session 500 is a great sounding boat anchor - that may be more easy to sell locally. I used to play one of those and loved it, but like most people, I got older and couldn't lift it anymore.

Welcome to the Steel Guitar Forum, and best of luck with your sale.

"So this is how you swim inward. So this is how you flow outwards. So this is how you pray."
- Mary Oliver
Mike Holder

Alabama! Home of the great “Don Helms” & his singer “Hank Williams”!
Post  Posted 25 Nov 2021 4:56 pm    

Laura; it might be worth mentioning that your asking price is requested in Canadian Funds which makes a difference where distance and duty is applicable.