| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Frank Caruso
Chris Caruso

Merrimack, NH USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2021 5:13 pm    

Yesterday I lost my Uncle Frank Caruso. He has been my closest friend all of my life. We have been making music together as long as I can remember. I was playing rythym guitar for him when he was learning to play pedal steel guitar. He got a bass for me to use to learn on when I was a teenager. He was a tough critic but always encouraging and it made me a better player. Our last gig was this past Sunday afternoon. I will miss him

St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2021 5:58 am    

Chris I am so sorry. I will never forget the years Frank, as well as yourself, were die hard 'flag people". I missed him when he could no longer attend and enjoyed getting the occasional email from him. Sympathy and prayers for you and your family.
John De Maille

On a Mountain in Upstate Halcottsville, N.Y.
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2021 9:31 am    

Chris, I am so sorry to hear this and my thoughts and prayers go out to your family.
I always enjoyed seeing Frank and will miss him too.
RIP Frank!
Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2021 9:32 am    

I'm sorry Frank is gone. He was a steel show fixture for so many years. He will be truly missed! R.I.P. Sir. Prayers for the family.
Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2021 10:37 am    

I remember Frank at the St Louis ISGC shows. Always friendly and smiling. He will be missed. My condolences to the family and friends.
Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2021 11:51 am    

Sorry to hear this sad news, Chris. I met Frank and you through the Mass Bash shows in the Berkshires years ago. Frank loved the steel guitar! He promoted the steel in the Boston area through his shows at the French Club in Waltham. I played there a few times and Frank always made me feel welcome. Rest in Peace, Frank.
manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 10 Oct 2021 5:17 am    

I can`t believe he played his last gig on Sunday.I had planned to go. Back in 1994 I played my first steel show that Frank ran in Waltham,MA. Also in 1994, after retiring from teaching, I attended my first ISGC show in St. Louis and spent time with Frank and Chris. It was an emotional high, especially when Sandra Scott-Wall let me carry the American Flag in the opening ceremony. Frank`s passing is very sad.
Leo Grassl

Madison TN
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2021 9:49 am    

This was very sad news to get. Frank was a dear friend and early mentor to me as well. He was kind, encouraging and honest. A true lover and promoter of the steel guitar. The shows he put on with Chris at the VFW in Watertown were my first exposure to dance hall country music and I fell in love with it. He’d let me sit in and go get him drinks from the bar. I’ll never forget those days and I think of them often. I saw Frank at his home in August and little did I know it would be the last time I saw him. Among other things we shared a passion for traditional country music and a cup of coffee. His sense of humor was excellent and we always made each other laugh. R.I.P. my friend. You will be missed and never forgotten. My deepest condolences to Stephanie, Chris and all the family and friends who loved Frank.

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2021 11:24 am    

Very sorry to hear about Frank's passing. I remember seeing him at the PSGA and the western Mass shows many years ago. Sounds like he went all of the sudden and without pain. Best to you and your family and very sorry for your and our loss.
Don Sulesky

Citrus County, FL, Orig. from MA & NH
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2021 3:22 pm    

Chris
Sorry to hear about Frank's passing I always enjoyed meeting you and him at the steel shows.

"Steel guitar is like playing chess in the dark with three players". Jeff Newman quote from 1997 seminar
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2021 7:51 pm    

Chris, I'm so sorry... you know Frank and I were close friends. I always looked forward to seeing him at the steel shows, just like I do you and your wife.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2021 12:28 am    

Sorry to hear of Franks passing, peace and prayers to your and your family.

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website
Chris Caruso

Merrimack, NH USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2021 10:09 am    

Thank you all

St Augustine,FL
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2021 7:12 pm    

So glad I got to see him at his last show. I’ll have fond memories of him, always.