| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Who's Parts Bin Has Linkage/Bell Crank LIke This?
Alan Watt

Graton, CA, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2021 10:30 am    

Hi, everybody. Trying to fix up an ancient MSA S10 I have; so old the tuning on the changer are screws at the end, not nylon screws in the cabinet. Talked to Jon Light about the part I need; he said hadn't seen anything like it, and to try the Forum.
Trying to get the other knee lever working; it came to me with the broken part. I'd love to get the whole part, but if someone just has the broken part, I can screw in the little nipple.
Hoping someone has something, otherwise will either go to the machine shop or sell it with just the one lever.

Roy McKinney

Ontario, OR
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2021 4:00 am    

Possible, but probably not, but it sure looks like carburetor parts/linkage on the older cars.
Alan Watt

Graton, CA, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2021 9:27 am     Parts BIn

Roy McKinney wrote:
Possible, but probably not, but it sure looks like carburetor parts/linkage on the older cars.

Could very well be; I think this guitar is from when MSA was more a "regional" brand and hadn't quite gone national. I'm starting to think it's either a trip to the machine shop, or just sell it with the one knee lever.
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2021 9:55 am    

That broken piece is pretty easily copied with the correct dimension piece of 6061 aluminum, a drill press and a tap and die set.

I could do it for you if you were anywhere close. If you got a buddy with those tools he could do it for you...or at worst a machine shop as you state.

It appears that the big hole that the cross shaft passes through was weakened at the area where the set screw[s] are. Generally, there would be only one set screw and with two areas worked for screws it really weakens that piece so that a sideways push would cause it to fracture.

I expect anyone with a ruler and the proper tools could duplicate that piece in short order at very little expense.
Roy McKinney

Ontario, OR
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2021 11:34 am    

My earlier versions of the Sierra sg used some parts like that.