| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  R F D. Tv
Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2021 2:52 pm    

Just read that Country Family Reunion is not scheduled to air in 2021.
I’m really disappointed with that even though most of them was reruns.
Not much good country available on tv anymore.
Larry Dering

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2021 9:20 am    

Bummer. Most all their music is reruns. I've watched the channel for years and now seldom tune in. Not much worthwhile programs on radio or tv that I can tolerate. Even satellite radio is a constant repeat and whoever does the format has no idea of classic country. That includes Pandora radio.
Ron Frederiksen

Van Buren, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Feb 2021 4:56 pm     Rfd Tv

One of the best shows on right now is Tru Country on Friday evening. Amazing Jim Lossburg on steel !! Good show ¡!!
Andy Jones

Mississippi
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2021 8:48 am    

Larry,you must have read my mind.I used to love RFD,but it's kind of lacking musically.I don't care much about horses so I rarely tune in.
I do watch Tru Country,however.
Butch Mullen

North Carolina, USA 28681
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2021 9:07 am    

country vinyl radio 24/7 no commercials. Butch in NC
Bruce Meyer

Thompson's Station, TN
Post  Posted 12 Feb 2021 10:46 am    

The RFD TV president, Patrick Gottsch, was on a recent Q&A program. He said that their plans to develop new music shows have been curtailed due to loss of advertisers and other revenue loss due to Covid-19. So that's why we're again seeing replays of old shows, including Porter Waggoner and the Wilburns. It's too bad, because I've heard good things about their plans.
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2021 12:29 pm     Re: Rfd Tv

Ron Frederiksen wrote:
One of the best shows on right now is Tru Country on Friday evening. Amazing Jim Lossburg on steel !! Good show ¡!!

A country artist I'm friends with named Danni Leigh has been on TruCountry, and she loves the steel! She's from Strasburg, Virginia, and was signed to Decca Records in 1998.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ron Frederiksen

Van Buren, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2021 7:43 pm    

I saw her on there last week !! I record the show so I can go back and watch them again . That gal is good and entertainment anytime !!!
John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2021 8:46 pm    

I'm pretty sure her record was produced by, or had some connection with, Dwight Yoakam.
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2021 8:58 pm    

John McClung wrote:
I'm pretty sure her record was produced by, or had some connection with, Dwight Yoakam.

Danni actually toured with Dwight at one time and they also presented an award at the ACM Awards in 2000, at which Dwight asked Danni to play a few shows on his summer tour, which Danni said yes to(she's a fan of Dwight and a lot of her music is inspired by Bakersfield country artists, like Dwight, Buck Owens, and Merle Haggard. She moved to Nashville in 1994, and while working as a waitress at the Bluebird Cafe, she met record producer Michael Knox, who produced her first record, "29 Nights" for Decca Records in 1998. She covered "Mixed Up Mess Of A Heart" on the 29 Nights" record

Last edited by Brett Day on 16 Feb 2021 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ron Frederiksen

Van Buren, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2021 11:28 pm    

She just needs to get on a bunch of shows so people can see her. I have talked to several people and they have never heard of her. It's tough right now, I shut our show down here last March. Nobody would come because of the virus. I'm not going to start anything any more, if I do anything, I'll just listen and let the younger bunch have it !!!