| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  6 string non pedal tabs
Carl Gallagher

New York, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2021 5:54 am    

Hi all.New to the lap steel world,I've played guitar and slide for 50+ yrs but just got my first lap steel.Looking for a couple of songs for a 6 string non pedal in C6.I have found a lot of instructional tabs,many here on this great site but I wanted a few songs to work on to keep things interesting.I have browsed all the tab links here,even contacted one of the members who sells tabs with no luck.Anybody have, or can point me to tabs for "City Lights" or "Walking after midnight"? Again,in C6,non pedal 6 string.Thanks in advance for any assistance here.
Brad Richard

Chisago City, Minnesota
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2021 7:09 am    

Hi Carl - Have you thought about tabbing them out yourself? I use a free program called Power Tab Editor. Pick out the tune by ear or midi then start adding harmonies based on the chord structure and how it sounds to you.

I usually print out a blank tab sheet and jot the tabs down by hand as I go and then put them in the program after I've got the basics.

It's not as quick or even necessarily as accurate as someone else's tab, but it does help with understanding the fretboard, note placement, chords, etc. and it's kind of fun. You've been a muso long enough that this should come pretty easy. Just a thought. Have fun!

Brad