| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New (to me) Steel!! MSA Classic D10
Andy Beisel

Saskatchewan, Canada
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2020 2:49 pm    

I picked this lovely guitar up off of a friend of mine the other day. The SuperSustain pickups sound great! Check it out:

It also came with this volume pedal. It is a gear-driven type. Has anyone seen one like this?

Larry Jamieson

Walton, NY USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2020 4:00 pm    

Great guitars, built like a tank, solid as a rock. My first steel was an MSA Semi-Classic, single ten with only one knee lever. I played it for 20 years before moving up to a guitar with 4 knees.
Paul Wade

mundelein,ill
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2020 6:06 am     Msa d-10

great guitars i had 4 d-10 one time heavy Shocked but will
last you many years.... looks like a Emmons Vol pedal??

p.w
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2020 10:51 am    

That is an original MSA factory pedal that was usually supplied in the case in its own segmented holder within the original case.. Should have a pin on a small chain that fits into the volume pedal bracket on the pedal rack, and has 2 fingertip adjustment screws,, I used one on an MSA Classic for decades, and it was an excellent pedal.

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Andy Beisel

Saskatchewan, Canada
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2020 11:08 am    

Bob Carlucci wrote:
That is an original MSA factory pedal that was usually supplied in the case in its own segmented holder within the original case.. Should have a pin on a small chain that fits into the volume pedal bracket on the pedal rack, and has 2 fingertip adjustment screws,, I used one on an MSA Classic for decades, and it was an excellent pedal.

Oh very cool! Thanks for the info. It is a good pedal although the taper of the pot isn’t very suited to me. It goes to full volume very quickly unlike the Goodrich pedal I’ve been borrowing.
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2020 12:34 pm    

Andy Beisel wrote:
Bob Carlucci wrote:

Oh very cool! Thanks for the info. It is a good pedal although the taper of the pot isn’t very suited to me. It goes to full volume very quickly unlike the Goodrich pedal I’ve been borrowing.

That isn't the fault of the pedal itself.
That happens a lot once an old school pedal gets a modern replacement pot.. The taper is never as satisfactory as the old AB 500K audio taper pedals, which haven't been made in decades, and although there are some reliable replacements out there, there is always a noticeable difference in taper that most players are not all that happy with, but learn to deal with after a while... bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......