| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Beginners Notes #462-A Few Random Thoughts & Ideas
Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2020 4:50 am    

Beginners Notes #462-Here are a few random thoughts & ideas

This first one is a little tricky at getting from the fret 6 to 5 on string 2 and blocked cleanly. Can be done...
1___________________________________________________________________________________
2__________5___________6___5________________________________________________________
3___________________________________________________________________________________
4_____________5___6F________________________________________________________________
5___5--5A_______________________5A__________________________________________________
6__________________________________5B--5____________________________________________
7________________________________________5__________________________________________
8___________________________________________5_______________________________________
9___________________________________________________________________________________
10__________________________________________________________________________________

/ means slide into it.
1___________________________________________________________________________________
2___________________________________________________________________________________
3___________________________________________________________________________________
4___________________________________________________________________________________
5___________________10----10A~_______________________________________________________
6__3__/5B__/8__/10B__10B--10B~_______________________________________________________
7_____/5_______/10___________________________________________________________________
8__3 ______/8________________________________________________________________________
9___________________________________________________________________________________
10__________________________________________________________________________________

My interpretation of the intro on Tia Goens rendition of “Heart Over Mind” made famous by Mel Tillis
2___________________________________________________________________________________
4___________________________________________________________________________________
5 ___________________________________8__10__10A__12A__15__16__17____________________
6________________________7__7B__9B __8__10__10B__12B__15__16__17____________________
7__________________5__7_____7___9___________________________________________________
8_______________5___________________________________________________________________
9_________4__5______________________________________________________________________
10__3__5____________________________________________________________________________

Part 2… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHKDItiup0U
3_________________15--10B__8--5__5B~________________________________________________
4_______15___17_____________________________________________________________________
5__17A__15A__17A__15--10A__8--5__5A~________________________________________________
6__17B_____________________________________________________________________________
7___________________________________________________________________________________
8___________________________________________________________________________________

Not sure what this is… Have a whack at it. Haha!
3__11__12__12B--15____17--17B__/19B__18B__17B--17_____________________________________
4__11__12__12C--15F___17--17C__/19C__18C__17C--17____________________________________
5__11__12__12C--15____17--17C__/19C__18C__17C--17____________________________________
6___________________________________________________________________________________
7___________________________________________________________________________________
8___________________________________________________________________________________
Dirk Edwards

Homedale ,Idaho USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2020 6:58 pm    

"Not sure what this is… Have a whack at it. Haha!"

That one is cool!!!!!!!!
Converted it to six string too. Trying to figure out the chords,and sounded great.

E flat,E,f#min,dimished??, Very Happy Surprised

Take the rest of the day off Laughing
Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2020 5:26 am     Dirk, you've made my day!

Just came in from turning my compost piles and found your post. My daughter lives in Idaho, South of Boise... Now I have another reason to add to the many, why I love Idaho. Glad you liked it and hope you get a great number of miles out of it. Thanks for following Beginners Notes.
Dirk Edwards

Homedale ,Idaho USA
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2020 3:27 pm     Having fun in the desert south of Boise

Tommy Auldridge

Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2020 1:01 pm     Tabliture # 462

Dick: Are you aware that the first line there can all be done at the 5th. fret? The note on the 4th. string at the 6th. fret with the F knee lever is available on the 1st. string at the 5th. fret. I just alternate thumb on 5 middle finger on 2, thumb on 4, middle finger on 1, thumb on 4, middle finger on 2 and then thumb on 5 then release the A pedal, 6 release the B pedal then 7 and 8... does that seem right? I really like your tabs, and work with each one you post. It's all good stuff. Thanks, Tommy.....
Dick Sexton

Greenville, Ohio
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2020 2:11 pm     Thanks Tommy

Yes sir I am... But it is good exercise.

It's always good to find every position, where anything I put up can be played. One of the reasons for them in the first place.

Tommy, your explanation might have triggered thought in another player. How great is that!

Thank you for following me. Very Happy