| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Male threaded steel guitar leg studs
Thomas Engleman

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2020 3:45 pm    

I have (4) Steel Guitar Male Leg Socket Studs for sale. Price is $35.00 for the 4 of them...you pay the shipping....$3.50
I made these in 1966 for a D8 Pedal Steel I was starting to build. The components for this Steel Guitar have been stashed away in my garage until now.
These Leg Socket Studs are threaded to a 3/4 10 threads per inch pitch. They will fit any Steel Guitar with that thread fit. I fashioned them after a 1950’s Fender String Master D8 Steel Guitar...so if you have one of those guitars you can easily make up a new set of legs, using 3/4 inch standard electrical conduit. These sockets are turned to a .819 diameter ( a length of conduit that I used as a reference) dimension that the standard conduit ID is advertised to be .826 inches in diameter.
Take a look at the photos for more of a visual view of how these go together with very in expensive conduit tubing. The outside diameter of the 3/4 inch conduit will easily receive a standard chair leg rubber foot, that can be purchased at most Hardware Stores. What I suggest is to drop the Sockets into the desired length of conduit you choose for a guitar leg length and then cross drill or drill a hole through the conduit and Socket ( 1/8 inch drill would be good) and then pin them together with an 1/8 inch diameter pin or bolt.) You can use a #6-32” screw long enough to assemble the socket with the conduit).
This is a simple fix for folks looking to make or replace missing legs from older Steel Guitars having this thread size connection.
Sorry if this sounds complicated but I am a retired Manufacturing Engineer and Machinist. If you need more information about this....feel free to contact me.
Free USA shipping.....International sales pay all shipping ...no returns accepted.
If other folks need more of these....contact me....but I will make them out of Delrin not carbon steel.
Regards,
Tom

Jeff Mead

London, England
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2020 3:50 pm    

PM Sent!
Thomas Engleman

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2020 4:31 pm     The Leg threaded leg inserts

Hey....These items shipped today...to Jeff Mead in London.
By the way Jeff...while packaging these for you today...I found a 5th insert...which is also in the package for you.
Thanks for buying them...glad you can put them to use.
Tom