| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Taylor Lap Steel
Aaron Schiff

Cedaredge, CO, USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2002 5:07 pm    

My local guitar shop just got in a 6 string lap steel made by Mark Taylor. The neck, ebony fretboard (with real frets)and abalone lyre inlays appear to be standard Taylor resophonic issue. The body appears to be solid mahogany and the two pickups appear to be Seymore Duncan P-90s. There is one tone and one volume knob (tele style), a 3 position pickup switch and a stop tailpiece that is assembled wraparound style. Great tone, great sustain and extremely attractive black lacquer finish with tortise-oid pickguard. There is a metal guitar strap button in the standard location, so you could use a d*br* style strap for playing standing. I've never seen these before and thought they were well worth checking out. The retail price is a little stiff at $1,000, but like I said they sound great and are very attractive.
Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2002 7:09 pm    

Hey Aaron. I don't know much here so.....is this the same Taylor of Taylor acoustic guitars?
It seems interesting that there are now a number of high-end luthiers getting involved in lap steel. I love it.
Aaron Schiff

Cedaredge, CO, USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2002 8:42 pm    

Hi Jon,
No that's Bob Taylor. This is Mark Taylor, son of "The Flatpicking Dobro Man" Tut Taylor. He makes banjos and resophonics and now, I guess, lap steels.