| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ken Fox-Lemay mods kit for the Vegas 400's
Bobby DeMoss

Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2020 8:35 am    

Ken,

DO you have any of the LeMay mods kits left over for the Peavey Vegas 400's?
My Vegas with the mod kit was just stolen and I have a replacement amp. My Zum has Truetones in it and the mods just seemed to agree with it.

Nashville GA USA
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2020 1:28 pm    

I never had or used Lemay kits. In made up the kits I installed. However I never sold any kits that I installed as I felt most end users could not install them
Bobby DeMoss

Post  Posted 9 Mar 2020 4:49 pm     Lemay mods kit for the Vegas 400's

Ok, it's been a long time since I installed that Kit and I do not remember where I got it.
Thanks anyway!

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2020 6:41 am    

Bobby, Peavey had a mod kit at one time for the Vegas amp and others. Not sure if it's same as LeMay mod. I typed in Peavey Vegas Mod kit and found that page. May not be available but individual parts may be had. They list the parts.
Bobby DeMoss

Post  Posted 10 Mar 2020 5:28 pm     LeMay Vegas 400 Mods

Larry,

Thanks for the reply. Bruce Zumsteg got the kits and I installed them in his Nashville and my Vegas back a few years ago. The LeMay mods had the Bur Brown chips I believe and a couple of capacitor resistor changes as well in the kit. I still have all the literature for the kit and I might make up a new one for my next Vegas. The thing about that kit was that it loved my Truetone pickups and tone to the bone. My amp and my Steel Seat from Joe Naylor with my name embroidered in the seat back were stolen out of my vehicle a couple of weeks ago.
Again Thanks.
Bobby D.
Kansas City

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 10 Mar 2020 7:36 pm    

The LeMay kits allowed more bass response. The Peavey mod kits improved it only slightly. Peavey, it seemed, just never got away from limiting the true tonal capabilities of their steel amps for the sake of the speakers.