| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Joe Ferri from Bristol, RI
manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2020 5:08 am    

I just got word of this yesterday, March 5th that Joe Ferri had passed away on February 28, 2020. Joe played pedal steel in this area for several decades. He was a band member of the late Hank Walthers Sr. for many years and inducted into the Rhode Island Country Music Hall of Fame in 1989. He played in the first pre-RISGA show on November 10,1996 at the German Club in Pawtucket, RI. Later he played several RISGA shows and made many generous donations to help keep our association thriving. Joe`s son David has requested, do not send flowers, but donations are accepted at: Joe Ferri Family, 24 Dartmouth Street, Bristol, RI 02809.
manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2020 3:25 pm     Joe died on Feb. 18 not Feb. 28

I was going to register a complaint for not being informed sooner. I just realized that I made a mistake with the date of Joe`s passing. I meant to type February 18th not February 28th.
Charles Rodrigues

Tiverton, Rhode Island, USA
Post  Posted 6 Mar 2020 8:08 pm    

Marcia and I have known Joe for years. We both worked with him at Raytheon. It was a pleasure knowing him all these years since through the steel guitar. May he Rest In Peace. Prayers to his family.

Chuck and Marcia
Jim Rice

Littleton, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2020 4:37 am    

So sorry to hear about Joe's passing, he was a great supporter of the steel guitar. After he stopped playing Joe would still come to meetings and enjoyed listening to the club members play. Thanks for letting us know Manny.

On behalf of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association we offer our most sincere condolences to Joe's family and friends.