| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  WTB --Sho Bro 7-string squareneck
John McNicholas

California, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2019 11:02 am    

Looking for another Sho Bro 7-string, in good shape. I'm interested in a 7710, or any other squareneck model you might have. Thanks --
Larry Allen

Kapaa, Kauai,Hawaii
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2019 10:32 am    

I John....I have one for sale...excellent player, I used it in a Bluegrass band for several years...it’s in my studio.....I am on the road until Sep 16...then back to where it is..has an old Gretsch case.....Don Lace PU..Larry

Smile

California, USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2019 9:57 am     Sho Bro

Larry --
Thanks for the reply. Your Sho Bro looks to be in fine shape. How do rate its sound? Do you know any of its history, including any work done on it?
I got mine from a picker and builder in Tennessee, who told me he'd gotten it from Shot. Kent Schoonover in Oklahoma put a new cone, sound ring and spider bridge in it, and improved the tone and sustain by 15, maybe 20 percent.
I plan to do the same with the next one, and install a pitch-changer, so I'm interested in structural issues, if you know of any, as well as cosmetics and the rest.
Do you have the serial number?
Get back to me when you have the time. I"d like to hear what you think of your instrument. What are you asking for it? Thanks again --
John
Larry Allen

Kapaa, Kauai,Hawaii
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2019 2:48 pm    

Hi John....this guitar sounds and plays great...the finish has the usual cracking....I ran it by Bobbe Seymore in Nashville, he said Shot got the bodies from Harmony....still stock except for the PU addition....I paid $1200 for it several years ago...I’ve made that back several times...I’ll take an offer plus shipping from 96746....I have the ser# and more pics at my studio....I won’t be back there until Sept 16....Larry

California, USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2019 3:21 pm    

Hi, Larry --
That's entirely reasonable. We can wait 'til you're back home to finalize anything. I just got one more reply, so I'd like to see what else is available.
I saw a foto of a seven-string ShoBro with a rounder body and a semi-sunburst finish, with "SJ" on the headstock -- maybe a custom job. If something like that turned up, I'd hesitate to pass it up. But we'll see ... I'm a bit surprised I got two responses.
Contact me when you're off the road, and we can continue this. If something else comes up, I'll let you know. And thanks again --
John