| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Sho-Bud The Professional for Sale
Patrick Newbery

San Francisco, California, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2019 8:29 am    

This is a classic and has a great sound. Comes with an original Sho-Bud volume pedal, case, and all rods, pedals, and legs. This is a working, playable classic instrument. The finish is in very good shape, except for between the necks where there is some scratching of the finish (see photos). The pickups are not original. The neck switch has 3 positions, but phase switches for the E9 neck pickup are not connected. Case is in good shape.

It needs a some TLC by someone familiar with these particular instruments for 3 specific issues (2 on E9 neck, one on C6 neck), otherwise its a fantastic instrument. I have played out and recorded with it. If I didn't have another D-10 and an S-10, I'd fix this and it'd be a keeper. It is priced, assuming the buyer will spend to bring it up to speed.

E9 Neck
Issue #1: The bracket for the tuning screw (bridge end) for the LKR lever has cracked. As a result, the LKR works for the 4th string but not the 8th. It lowers the 4th but not the 8th. You can see this in the picture of the E9 tuning screws

Issue #2: The 5th string sometimes stays sharp after using both A and B pedals. This can be corrected while playing by tapping the pedal upwards with the tip of your foot, but it's not a consistent issue. I'd imagine that with a good going over and a new spring this will go away. It never happened until the bracket broke (Issue #1) so my guess is it's some kind of tension-related issue.

C6 Neck
(I don't really play this neck so everything seems to be working with this one minor issue)
Issue #3: The tuning screw for the 3 string is loose. It engages and the lever changes string pitch. Since I don't play the C6 neck I haven't tuned that changer and don't know if the looseness matters). You can see this in the picture of the C6 neck tuning screws.

Asking $1400 but open to offers. Will ship to continental US, no international. PayPal only (buyer pays 3%, if not a direct transfer). Shipping would be UPS or FEDEX and buyer pays shipping. Sold as is.
Patrick Newbery

San Francisco, California, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2019 12:49 pm     please close

sold on another site