| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Digitech RP360
Bruce Bjork

Southern Coast of Maine
Post  Posted 22 Feb 2018 1:31 pm    

Played out last night at an open mic with my Pedal Steel Guitar, first time out only playing 10 months. Used my Digitech RP360 multi effects processor straight into the mixer, worked like a charm. Much easier to use a 4 lb. unit than my 32 lb. Boss Katana 100. I backed up five different acts and on the plus side was asked to come back.
Jon Jaffe

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2018 9:00 pm     Digitech RP360

Great price here:

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=325329&highlight=
Aris Xanthos

Switzerland
Post  Posted 23 Jan 2019 11:24 pm    

Bruce, do you have suggestions on how to get a nice clean tone with the RP 360?

I got one to practice with my Legrande using headphones and so far I have a hard time avoiding saturation when the VP is down.
Eric Lawrance

Quebec, Canada
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2019 7:49 am    

Aris Xanthos wrote:
Bruce, do you have suggestions on how to get a nice clean tone with the RP 360?

I have one of these that I use with headphones to practice with. I get the best clean tones with the "Fraternal 65" (Twin) amp, gain at 50ish, Volume in the 90s. I EQ Flat except boost the low end a bit. I find it sounds best with Vintage 4x12 speaker sim but you can play with those a bit. This sounds great to me with just a little reverb.

I also like the "Chief" (Matchless Chieftain) amp, gain at 35, volume in the 90s. The rest same as above. I find these tones quite acceptable.

I always turn off all the noise gates and eq pedal stuff from the factory presets. They put noise gate on everything for some reason. Why process more than needed.
Bruce Bjork

Southern Coast of Maine
Post  Posted 25 Jan 2019 2:20 pm    

Here's what's worked "so far" for me:

65 Fraternal, model AC 2x12 british, gain 10, amp level 99, bass 9.3, mid 4.3, treble 5.8

EQ, low level -1 db, low freq 500 hz, low BW Wide, mid level 1 db, mid freq 4kHz, mid BW medium, high level 1 db, high freq 6.7 kHz, high BW medium

CE Chorus, speed 15, depth 70

Analog Delay, Time 0.34 sec, repeats 25, level 14, tap div quarter.

I'm new to all this, an acoustic banjo, dobro, guitar player all my life, Pedal Steel for less then two years, my BOSS Katana 100 is my main amp and on most occasions I just plug into the mixer if I don't have my amp. The RP360 is a great tool which I don't use that much and looking forward to more info on it, especially for my Fender Telecaster.
Aris Xanthos

Switzerland
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2019 12:16 am    

Eric and Bruce, thanks a lot for these indications. I will try these settings and let you know how it works for me.
Aris Xanthos

Switzerland
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2019 4:33 am    

For some me reason, it looks like any amount of gain higher than zero creates saturation in my headphones when VP’s down on my Legrande. I don’t know if the pickup’s output is just particularly high or if there’s something wrong.

Anyway Fraternal sounds best for me too, and with gain at 0 and volume not higher than 80 saturation is under control. I like the 1x12 d-luxe cab, with bass 5.5, medium 3.2, high 5.5. Spring reverb at 30 and that’s it.
John Wilson

Ventura, California, USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2019 8:31 am     I absolutely love mine

The 360 is capable of tons of great tones; there are so many combos of amps/effects to choose from. I have the version with the expression pedal, and I find it can be set as a very usable PSG volume control because of the flexibility in configurations possible.

It really helps to USB to your laptop or PC and tweak using the software.
I have a bank of presets for my Reverend electric guitar, and a whole 'nother bank with presets for steel.
I only use the noise gates when using high gain settings - they help a lot.
This pedal has the best Leslie sim I have used since I had my Strymon Lex, and the rotor speed/ramp up is completely adjustable. The Lex was wonderful, but too noisy.

One thing to pay attention to is the output section which has settings for amp and direct. I believe the amp mode disables the cab sims. The great thing here is that whatever tone you can muster up using headphones, is exactly what comes out of the outputs.

This pedal has solved the problem of playing e-guitar and steel out of 1 amp. I've got a Boss Katana 50 set in a pretty neutral mode (no FX) and make all the changes with presets through the 360.

Great pedal, and you can find them for a song at the usual outlets.