| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Jackson PSG - Shot Jackson/blackjack Sd10 4x5 - $3400 +SOLD+
Ian Stynes

New York, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2019 1:36 pm    

THIS GUITAR HAS SOLD

Hey Folks,

Up for sale is my:

2010 JACKSON SD10 4X5 PEDAL STEEL GUITAR

$3400 plus shipping

It has 5 knee levers and 4 pedals (copedent below)

Comes with 3 interchangeable pickups

Link to more pics below:

https://reel.io/__vNY2P

Link to video of undercarriage and changer in action below:

https://reel.io/__mKiSY

NO TRADES PLEASE

This is a very unique pedal steel. It’s a one of a kind Jackson Steel Guitars hybrid - a Shot Jackson Commemorative body with a Blackjack Custom neck and a suped up Blackjack Custom changer. This steel was built specifically to be a show piece for a steel convention - it has a ton of add ons and both Dawn and David Jackson told me that this guitar was a very special one.

One of the coolest things about this guitar is the modular pickup system. You can change out pickups in less than 3 minutes - just two screws. I have 3 pickups for this guitar that will be included with the sale. There is a Blackjack pickup, a Shot Jackson pickup and a BL705 humbucker pickup. They each have a unique sound. The guitar is very reminiscent of a vintage Shobud in sound but completely modern in it’s playability. You can have the best of both worlds - get that single coil mojo or that clean humbucker sound.

There are some customizations that David Jackson did to this guitar that make it especially unique. He added what he called a “sound chamber” underneath which increases the evenness of tone up and down the neck, there is a beautiful lacquer sunburst finish, inlay on the body, split tuning added at changer end, unique brass changer plate, rod compensators (to help with cabinet and weather related stress) and bent knee levers - all add-ons. The guitar is also 1 inch over regular height. The copedent is below - Es on the left knee. There are barrels for double tuned strings (like a Shobud). I am told it is similar to a pull release guitar with a split mechanism changer. The changer fingers on this guitar are modular and can be taken out and worked on one at a time if needed. The tuning is incredibly stable - I barely have to make any adjustments. The case is a Thomas custom case - it is in really good shape although there are a couple of normal scratches and the metal has lost its shine.

I bought this steel about 5 years ago from the original owner who got it straight from the Jacksons. He only took it out of the house once and I have only taken it out of my home studio once. It’s in awesome condition. There are a couple of very subtle dents from the bar in the wood in one spot which I show in one of the last pics in the link. The previous owner claims it was the nicest sounding Jackson he had played and he had played a bunch.

New with all the add-ons this guitar would easily cost you close to 6 grand to have made. I need to get $3400 with all 3 pickups (the 2 extra ones cost me around 120 each). Buyer pays shipping for the guitar. Continental US only please.

I am a very thorough packer/shipper. I’m only looking to ship in the continental US. I’m also only looking to use Paypal (send the $ as a "gift" or pay the 2.9% fee - either one). The weight in the case should be about 50 pounds - the dimensions will be about 1.5'x 4'x 1'. I'm in Queens, NYC.

Feel free to IM me. Please let me know if you have any questions.

I am not in any rush to sell this guitar and if the right price doesn’t come along I’ll just keep it. Thanks for looking everyone!

Copedent below:

-Ian

Last edited by Ian Stynes on 7 Jan 2019 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Johnie King

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2019 6:32 am    

Beautiful Jackson steel for a Bargin price. I’ve never seen a better looking steel. My son plays a 12 string similar to this one that he loves. This steels undercarriage is as goodlooking under neath as the top side.
Mike Marsh

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2019 4:24 pm     PM Sent

Done Deal

New York, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2019 5:13 pm    

Thanks for the comments Johnie - it is a beautiful guitar. The Jacksons do it right! The underside is a work of art. - Ian

New York, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2019 5:14 pm    

This guitar has sold - thanks everyone! Please close this thread.